pole switch????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pole switch????

having owned my surf for a few weeks now, and majorly pleased with it, one thing is still puzzling me. I have a switch which has "pole" written on it, situated on the centre console by the rear window switch. Nothing seems to happen when pressed, and no voltage drop etc, i am assuming it is the aerial, as this seems to be very easy to push up and down by hand, like it has been disconnected at the bottom, but no motor noise is present when pushing the switch. I even bought a manual but no mention of "pole switch" anybody help.

I saw one of these on a mates surf when travelling in eastern europe, when switched on , any people in the vehicle speaking polish will automatically have their words translated into english and projected on a heads up display on the windscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by philly
      having owned my surf for a few weeks now, and majorly pleased with it, one thing is still puzzling me. I have a switch which has "pole" written on it, situated on the centre console by the rear window switch. Nothing seems to happen when pressed, and no voltage drop etc, i am assuming it is the aerial, as this seems to be very easy to push up and down by hand, like it has been disconnected at the bottom, but no motor noise is present when pushing the switch. I even bought a manual but no mention of "pole switch" anybody help.
      Some Japanese imported cars have a switch to drop the aerial to half height, could it be one of those - if so I envy you, my surf doesn't have one and I "twanged" the barriers at eurotunnel !

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

eastern european driving

i thought the pole switch might be for eastern european driving, i thought it might eject a pole and start some cheesy music going for polish and russian pole dancing, shame i can't get to work properly! the aerial lowering seems to be the most likely, although these japs do put a lot of extras into there cars!

Comment

Working...
        X