No announcement yet.

A spot of painting was in order today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A spot of painting was in order today.

Was twiddling my thumbs this morning thinking of what I could do to pass the day away while the other half was out spending my money, so decided to do a bit of painting.

Much better.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Very tidy mate.
    Set off nicely by the refurbed wheels.
    Brian

Comment

Look nice, I'll be joining the (part time) shiny club soon.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Very nice mate. It's the small jobs like this that add up to give an overall nice looking truck. I loved Yoshie's description of such Surfs, a true "Street Queen"

I spent all day at mine. Heading off on my journey to Bushwhackers tomorrow night and I want to make a good first impression

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
          Very nice mate. It's the small jobs like this that add up to give an overall nice looking truck. I loved Yoshie's description of such Surfs, a true "Street Queen"

I spent all day at mine. Heading off on my journey to Bushwhackers tomorrow night and I want to make a good first impression
          No matter how clean you get it vince will still say it's dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
            Was twiddling my thumbs this morning thinking of what I could do to pass the day away while the other half was out spending my money, so decided to do a bit of painting.

Much better.
            Wow! Those wheels look brand new!! And the drums look good too! I have a new set to go on mine soon and I reckon I'll spray mine silver too after seeing yours. Top job

Comment

I got them powder coated a year ago, £25 a piece. Still as good as new.

Comment

Did you get them bead blasted first?

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                  Did you get them bead blasted first?
                  Ye, that was included in the price.
                  This is what they looked like when I took them to the shop.

& after with the new tyres.

Comment

Ye, that was included in the price.
                    This is what they looked like when I took them to the shop.

Yeah, mine are starting to go all manky like that too. Was it a proper wheel re-furb place, or just a workshop with a sand blaster and a powder coating booth?

Reckon I would need to buy a spare set of wheels to use in the meantime too, and new tyres.. Lol!

They do look the bo11ocks though mate, and you've really got me thinking now. Thanks for posting up the pics!

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                      Yeah, mine are starting to go all manky like that too. Was it a proper wheel re-furb place, or just a workshop with a sand blaster and a powder coating booth?

Reckon I would need to buy a spare set of wheels to use in the meantime too, and new tyres.. Lol!

They do look the bo11ocks though mate, and you've really got me thinking now. Thanks for posting up the pics!

Cheers,

CURLY
                      Ye it was a proper shop, & I had to buy another set of wheels to run on while mine were getting coated.

Got a set from a forum member & once the new rims were done I sold them on here & didn't lose a penny.

If your lucky a member might lend you a set for a couple of week instead of buying some.

Comment

That's for nothing!

Same service here is £70 a wheel! Oh, and VAT on the final bill too

Comment

Refurb rims

Can you let us have some info on location of the shop,I am sure some of the shiny brigade would put some work their way

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                            That's for nothing!

Same service here is £70 a wheel! Oh, and VAT on the final bill too
                            I could have got it even cheaper if I'd have gone for a lesser quality paint which worked out at about £22 a rim.

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
                              Can you let us have some info on location of the shop,I am sure some of the shiny brigade would put some work their way
                              Here you go mate, really friendly & helpful to.

http://cascoatings.localtraders.biz/

Comment

Working...
                              X