Sterling Car Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterling Car Alarm

I have a Sterling car alarm type MOON 433 fitted onto my Surf however I do not know whether it is a Thatcham Cat 1 or 2 alarm. I have contacted Toad and Gap Security, but they want £150 to tell me this and if it isn't a CAT 1 then there is an additional charge to fit one but they will not tell me how much more. They refuse to tell me anything on the phone even though I supplied the type number.
    Not happy to fork out £150. I have the original invoice when the first owner purchased it as an import from Chequered Flag in Leeds and it has marked down as Cat 1 but Adrian Flux want proof. They the ones that referred me to the rip off merchants above.
    Does any one know if it is a CAT 1 and if it is how do I go about getting an insurane certificate? Don't mind paying a bit of money but not £150!

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
    I have a Sterling car alarm type MOON 433 fitted onto my Surf however I do not know whether it is a Thatcham Cat 1 or 2 alarm. I have contacted Toad and Gap Security, but they want £150 to tell me this and if it isn't a CAT 1 then there is an additional charge to fit one but they will not tell me how much more. They refuse to tell me anything on the phone even though I supplied the type number.
    Not happy to fork out £150. I have the original invoice when the first owner purchased it as an import from Chequered Flag in Leeds and it has marked down as Cat 1 but Adrian Flux want proof. They the ones that referred me to the rip off merchants above.
    Does any one know if it is a CAT 1 and if it is how do I go about getting an insurane certificate? Don't mind paying a bit of money but not £150!
    When I've had alarms on motorbikes before now there has been a manufacturers certificate which was signed by whoever installed it. Might be worth going back to Chequered Flag (or pervious owner on the V5) and seeing if they can furnish you with any info.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
      When I've had alarms on motorbikes before now there has been a manufacturers certificate which was signed by whoever installed it. Might be worth going back to Chequered Flag (or pervious owner on the V5) and seeing if they can furnish you with any info.
      That was my first port of call but as the vehicle had been imported in 2009 they no longer had records of the alarms installed although it is written on the original invoice that a Cat 1 alarm was installed. They have supplied me with contact details for the person that may have installed it at that time so I cna only hope.

Comment

When i got my alarm fitted about 2 month`s ago they told me a cat 1 was an alarm and immobiliser and a cat 2 was just the immobiliser
        Got insured with flux soon after, told them i had a cat 1 and that was good enough, they didn`t want proof
        Maybe someone`s got the same setup and will scan their certificate, you can clean it up in photoshop and put your own details in, cant help ya with that tho, mine`s a hornet

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
          When i got my alarm fitted about 2 month`s ago they told me a cat 1 was an alarm and immobiliser and a cat 2 was just the immobiliser
          Got insured with flux soon after, told them i had a cat 1 and that was good enough, they didn`t want proof
          Maybe someone`s got the same setup and will scan their certificate, you can clean it up in photoshop and put your own details in, cant help ya with that tho, mine`s a hornet
          They are giving me a real hard time. When they quoted originally they quoted on a 1996 vehicle. Then when they did the actual quote over the phone they inputted the wrong details and put it as a 1996 model and the quote was lower. It was only when i recevied the papework i noticed the errors.
          They agreed to hold it at the original quote price, but are now giving me a hard time with the alarm stating that it is not a CAT 1 although it has the immobiliser, internal sensors, auto door locking, sensors for bonnet and tailgate & siren!

Comment

I had to get a certificate for my cat 2 immobilser - so I took it to a local installer, who tested it and certified it for about £15 - Maybe you could do the same?
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I have arranged an appointment on Monday. Cheaper than using thsoe rip off agents who try and fleece you out of £150. I had to pay £9.99 for a two page word document for the operating instructions! Prior to receiving it I thought it would be a PDF document with perhaps pictures of the fobs etc. Bl**dy rip off merchants! Thanks to all for the advice.

Comment

Working...
              X