Hows your luck, laugh if you wish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows your luck, laugh if you wish.

The other month, someone stole my mums wing mirror cover off her Astra. She see them run off and hop into their Astra and drive away. Lack of glasses meant she couldn't get the number plate :/

So I bought a replacement on Ebay. When it arrived it was scratched and needed repair and also I did not realise my mums Astra is a crossover model so the cover I bought for her car didn't fit either. I eventually managed to reach the seller and he agreed for me to send it back and refund. However now he is saying he's never received it and and wont refund me the £26. I returned it using the same method he sent it to me, which is just first class non recorded. He says I should have used recorded delivery and it wouldn't have been lost. Although I think this is porkies there is a chance Royal Mail has lost it.

So now, I'm out of pocket twice!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Get a claim form from the PO and fill it in - it'll take a while but you'll get something back (Unless the system's changed in the last few years)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

had that before with ebay, check the sellers feedback. it will give you an idea of what they are like.

did you happen to keep the reciept from post office, if they lost it then its down to him to sort it out.

its the post office problem when its out of your hands. with the reciept you can send him a copy of it and he has to pay you back as it is proven sent then he has to sort it out with them...

Comment

Originally posted by rich2484 View Post
        did you happen to keep the reciept from post office, if they lost it then its down to him to sort it out.

its the post office problem when its out of your hands. with the reciept you can send him a copy of it and he has to pay you back as it is proven sent then he has to sort it out with them...
        As far as I am aware it is the responsibility of the sender to claim any losses from the post office but I'm not sure how much (if anything) you can actually claim on something that is only sent as a standard 1st class package.

You can certainly make life awkward for the seller if the complaint ends up going through PayPal (did you notice Stormforce's problems at the tail end of last year when someone got arsey over something that wasn't his fault?)

I really don't understand it when sellers are like that - especially if it's their business. The bad feedback/bad reputation they get for digging their heels in just isn't worth it for them...

Comment

Royal Mail Compensation

All you need is proof of posting ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I have read quite a few posts pertaining to thsi sort of issue where the seller claims the unit was never received.

Comment

Thanks all,
              I'll see how it goes and go through Royal Mail if necessary. The seller is saying "I should have posted back recorded like he sent the item to me" But he's lying for some reason as he never sent recorded, only first class. Which is why I posted back only first class too.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

we always send stuff recorded as there is some dodgy people out there

he's probably got it and laughing at you, but you cant prove it, if you still got your post office receipt, fill in a claim form and you'll get it back after a while

Comment

Thanks Lawsy thats what we think. I started one of those paypal thingies but suspect it will be a dead end. He's lying on that saying he sent it recorded so think he is lying about not receiving it too.
                  I'm not going to get stressed about it, just one of those things. Think it's funny how I'm out of pocket twice for the same thing and still don't have a replacement! lol
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I've changed tactics and still suspect I will be at a £26 quid loss. I don't feel in a position to claim through Royal Mail as I'm adamant that he infact received the returned item and is doing this for spite (going by the original emails and the pokies in the Ebay case).

As of today we've managed to crease up at his response and I'll surely post them when it's over. For the laughs the £26 quid has already been worth it!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
                      we always send stuff recorded as there is some dodgy people out there
                      More than some Lawnsy... not everybody mabe ..... but most if they had the chance !!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                      X