Beware the salesman from Bolton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware the salesman from Bolton

Nice enough guy but would not trust his advertising.

People have different ideas of immaculate condition.

This guy is a dealer and always has surfs on ebay.

Today i got the train up to Bolton , manchester to buy a new 3rd gen.

He sent me photos before hand.

Was told it had 93000 miles, high spec ssrx, immaculate inside and out.

When i get there, someone has painted wheels silver with a brush, interior very shaby and dirty with ripped backs of seats, dents on tailgate, actually has 158000 miles and after driving it the expansion tank was full of foam.

So i got on the train and came back again.

It maybe he genuinely thought the miles on the clock were Km but a short test drive showed they were not.

Not saying he is dishonest at all. Just sees things differently .

Waste of my day and £140 on tickets.

That's sh!te - the dealer may not have known about the odometer but he certainly knew it wasn't immaculate !

Pity you couldn't get a local forum member to have a look before wasting your hard earned on a pointless journey

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Being a dealer, he knew exactly the condition... he was chancing his arm on you accepting it

Back in the day Baby

Comment

What was the sellers ebay name? There seem to be a number of regular surf sellers in Bolton.
        I had a similar issue last year with a seller called 'greenwood' who has since disappeared but another seller with a remarkably similar style has popped up called 'karen_9234'

Comment

I believe it's K*n A**m he's talking about.

Although he's been good with a couple of other members on here.
          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Shame that mate I'm working in manchester and know where he is as a mate bought a surf from him a while back and has no issues with it. I would have gone and looked at it for you or if you see another one pm me and I'll check it out.

Comment

We bought a Surf from AK motors and we are pleased with it. I think Apache also bought a petrol one off him. He had a P reg there but our N reg was a better deal although it had an advisory note.

Comment

i bought mine off kenadam a few weeks ago and am very pleased with it
                very clean as described
                looked at the one for sale by karen something and its a dog
                looks nice in the pics with the kumho mt tyres and clean on the outside but

seats ripped, no boot carpet, wouldnt go into 4wd, sunroof faulty,rear window faulty,rear door handle came off in my hand, flashing orange lights in the front bumper so not sure what its been used for

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
                  What was the sellers ebay name? There seem to be a number of regular surf sellers in Bolton.
                  I had a similar issue last year with a seller called 'greenwood' who has since disappeared but another seller with a remarkably similar style has popped up called 'karen_9234'
                  Yep, Thats the one.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty harry View Post
                    i bought mine off kenadam a few weeks ago and am very pleased with it
                    very clean as described
                    looked at the one for sale by karen something and its a dog
                    looks nice in the pics with the kumho mt tyres and clean on the outside but

seats ripped, no boot carpet, wouldnt go into 4wd, sunroof faulty,rear window faulty,rear door handle came off in my hand, flashing orange lights in the front bumper so not sure what its been used for

Yep, This is the same guy. I actually phoned up about that one, which had been sold so he sent me pics of another he had. Looked fine in the pics. A right dog on close inspection.

Comment

Just to make things clear I have no experience of dealing with kenadam901 and this thread should not reflect badly on this seller in any way.

karen_9234 is the one to be careful with.

Comment

Got one off kenadam at the beginning of the year, had an issue with the steering, i complained and he took it back no problem, got another off him and he chipped in on the diesel i`d used, he`s a surf owner himself, looks at this forum and seems to value his reputation on it.

Comment

He has a P reg there which may suit you. Ask him to send you some pictures of the interior and if there are any issues. I am sure he will oblige. He will even deliver if you ask.

Comment

Working...
                          X