is it safe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it safe??

Need to get my mot/doe done on truck but as all 4 cv boots are shagged, its gonna be easier and quicker for me to get it tested minus front drive shafts,

Is it safe to drive truck without front drive shafts??

I'm sure I have read threads on here before saying your can drive our trucks with the front shafts removed but I'm sure someone with more experience of our trucks will be along to give a definate answer
    Always up to my neck in it

Comment

the only thing you need to be careful of bob is that you don't get crap in around the bearings
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

CV joints

Always willing to be corrected,even on here ,but I dont think the bronze bushes for the cv joints are part of the mot test,and as mentioned,if you remove them....no 4x4 and possibly loads of crud in the hole,unless you fit a cv joint(minus drive shaft) in said hole.They passed mine and it sounded like a bucket full of spanners.An older member on here(he only comes out after the sun has gone down )tells me you can even cut off the splines and silicon cv joint in place.Lot of work really,leave it and fix it later

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
          Always willing to be corrected,even on here ,but I dont think the bronze bushes for the cv joints are part of the mot test,and as mentioned,if you remove them....no 4x4 and possibly loads of crud in the hole,unless you fit a cv joint(minus drive shaft) in said hole.They passed mine and it sounded like a bucket full of spanners.An older member on here(he only comes out after the sun has gone down )tells me you can even cut off the splines and silicon cv joint in place.Lot of work really,leave it and fix it later
          Cheers al,

Drive shafts will be going back in just a pita to swap out cc boots this week before test with the way I'm working, so easiest solution is to must remove shafts, test truck, fix shafts and re-install. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose a grit wheel while driving along like I already did last year.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
            Cheers al,

Drive shafts will be going back in just a pita to swap out cc boots this week before test with the way I'm working, so easiest solution is to must remove shafts, test truck, fix shafts and re-install. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose a grit wheel while driving along like I already did last year.....
            Do what i had to Bob, put the glue together universal ones on with zip ties for the MOT (about £7 each)
            I've since done all mine properly but it was a nice quikfix!!

Alan
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X