1KZ-TE injector operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1KZ-TE injector operation

Basically how do our specific injectors work?

Does anyone know in certain detail part or whole of how our Electronic system injects fuel into our bores? I accidentally took an injector apart last year and there isn't much to them. Mainly just some springs and a tiny pin head of a nossle. The injectors themselves arent electronic. How is fuel regulated or controlled?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

its metered at the pump, by the Spill Control Valve, Timer control valve and ECU reading from all the temp, speed and throttle position sensors.

the injectors are just a spring to stop is spraying all the time, and a nozzle for atomisation of the fuel.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If I wanted to understand how the fuel is regulated on the spill and timer control valves, where would I look. Is there any manual about how to adjust those? I'm gessing it's pump off for adjustments.

Do you recall the thread about how to adjust the fuel pump for less smoke / more power? What is that "thing" or "nut" that is adjusted? And does this reliably control the amount of fuel entering the combustion / precombustion chamber?

I'm happy to go away and do some reading and research so don't need to waste anyones time baby feeding me info
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

LOL. yeah, the small nut on top of the spill control valve is just like altering the mixture on a petrol car, and is normally a coverup for other problems with the motor but works.

Re-mapping the ECU alters the time and duration of the fuel delivery to the injectors, altering how the motor runs. Thats how things like the fabled BobBox work, there use resistors to fool the ECU into thinking senors are saying different to what they really are, letting more fuel go in for given peramiters. The fuel needs oxygen to burn, there is only much of a bang you'll get from a fuel load, due to air pressure, thats why turbos/superchargers (ram more air in) and intercoolers (cool air is denser, more oxygen) work so well.

If you want reliable info Wiki things like diesel injectors, fuel pumps, etc... there is a wealth of info on there.

Modern common rail diesels run much better than direct/indirect injection motors are the fuel is metered directly at the injector, and is more controllable than metering it at the fuel pump and sending it up pipes to the injectors then opening a spring under fuel pressure.

You won't be able to do to much to your average Surf motor, before smoke levels and engine temps get to high, due to the restrictions of a fixed (reasonably, EFI adjustments aside) belt driven pump and actual internal engine strength.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony,
          A lot of useful info I can go on ther

I know the engines are limited on the design. I'm just seeing what I can do to play around with things as a little research before I spend any money / time doing them. First things first is an EGT gauge as that will warn me of anything dangerous going on. But there is no point in doing that if I cannot control fuel delivery.
          I have heard of bobox but thought they were a gimmick like the famous ball bearing salespeople on ebay.

The 1kz-te has an ally head? I think this will be quite limiting.
          I won't be able to run the 65psi of turbo boost the Americans do. Well, I might be able to for a few seconds

Thanks again
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
          X