Ooh! what are all these wires for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooh! what are all these wires for?

Got down and dirty last night. As it was a nice evening I spent most of it rumaging around under my truck tinkering and putting stuff back that's been living in my cellar for most of a rather soggy May.

One thing caught my eye whilst I was enjoying my residence (thinking of moving in under the truck, wife doesn't come under so nice and peaceful) and has left me a wondering. There seems to be a load of wiring going to the front diff; can someone tell me what it's for?

Its part of the ADD, which stands for Automatic Diff Disconnet. Its what lets you select/deselect 4wd without slowing down or crunchy noises.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

QUOTE "Somebody has to teach you officers the difference between a warp matrix, a flux capacitor and a self-sealing stem bolt"

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        Its part of the ADD, which stands for Automatic Diff Disconnet. Its what lets you select/deselect 4wd without slowing down or crunchy noises.
        Ah! Thanks for that, these Japanese people are awfully clever. Can't get over the thought put into the wiring loom with pretty little mini trunkings run back to front and plug in connectors that aren't rotten everywhere.

If only Austin had thought of that, we'd all be driving around in old Allegros still....
        .........Hmm, maybe not

Comment

Working...
        X