This looks like a great tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks like a great tent

Now I am the proud owner of a Surf, I intend to reap the benefits of having a such a wonderful motor.

Bearing in mind my exploits in Oz with a pop-top Lancruiser (yes I will still post pics), I would like to use the surf for...well...cheap holidays!

I have two big dogs (greyhounds). so need something large enough to house those and my big self and small wife.

Wife is not so keen on the idea of sleeping in a tent so initially I thought - roof tent, but then I found this...you can sleep in the back of the surf, whilst being connected to the main tent and it even has a fly screened porch.

It looks great.

Has anyone got one or something similar? How does/did it work out?

There is a guy selling these on ebay for £400 but as they are only £200 in the USA, probably cheaper to get one shipped over.

Link: http://sportzbynapier.com/product.html?product_num=57

Any thoughts?

I think this is better than a roof tent as we could drive off for a meal or something at night and leave the dogs...we get to still sleep in the nice dry surf...and can then use the roof rack to cart a ton of crap round with us should we feel the need! (i.e: Wife's wardrobe)

Cheers
    ~Luth

BTW: I am enquiring with the manufacturers about shipping to UK. If anyone else fancies one, could possibly get a decent deal.
    Last edited by LuthorHB; 29 May 2011, 02:18.

speak to tonyn - this image is taken off his website..

Comment

I have one of those, it's missing a strap or 2. And it's for sale.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I have a suncamp automate goo tent used it several times with no problems we sleep in the tent an the dogs sleep in the boot of the car!

Comment

Working...
        X