yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

buing surf.... possible cheap ... too cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buing surf.... possible cheap ... too cheap?

just found this on ebay, is it a possible shedbox, not too much info on vehicle
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-TOYOTA-HI...item35b243aa38

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-TOYOTA-HI...item2c5ce3a1e0
    again no service history

Comment

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2861655.htm
      and another....
      any slating welcome.... i need your professional opinion

Comment

I wouldn't buy a 2.4
        3.0's are cheap enough now.
        That's my opinion.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by s4 osh View Post
          any slating welcome
          What does buing mean

Comment

There's really no need to be paying more than £1 - 1.3k for all but the most mint 2.4's these days.

Just be patient, and look around.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You want service history for a Surf that's less than a grand? Good luck in finding that one mate!
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I have plenty of service history for my Surf but only in this country, has anyone ever seen any SH from Japan ? ever ?
                Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

It's got a saggy arse for starters. Looks grotty inside. Owner thinks it's a 2.5... £900 is optimistic IMHO, esp. on the original cylinder head.
                  Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                    I have plenty of service history for my Surf but only in this country, has anyone ever seen any SH from Japan ? ever ?
                    Yup, but not on a surf!

Many imports are clocked when the clocks are set to miles, and "lose" the service history that would show otherwise.
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                      It's got a saggy arse for starters. Looks grotty inside. Owner thinks it's a 2.5... £900 is optimistic IMHO, esp. on the original cylinder head.
                      yup - i didnt give that much for my clean SSRG with head done..

Comment

well pay day is gettig closer, and i am looking to be spending up to £1500 ideally, and by what you guys say the 3.0 is a better engine then that's what i will go for.
                        if any one has seen a good one, ~( im constantly trawling pages to find the ONE) please post link on here and i will thank you like a chinese man

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                          Yep my first Surf had complete tool kit, warning triangle, flare other spanners etc and a heap of paperwork, which i assume was service etc as it had the KM's on each of the pieces of paper along with some photos of the Surf attached to them. Guess the previous owner was one of a kind
                          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

AK Motors

well pay day is gettig closer, and i am looking to be spending up to £1500 ideally, and by what you guys say the 3.0 is a better engine then that's what i will go for.
                            if any one has seen a good one, ~( im constantly trawling pages to find the ONE) please post link on here and i will thank you like a chinese man
                            I just bought one from AK Motors in Bolton - as did a couple of other guys on these forums did in the same week.

I think they generally only bring in the "good" ones, selling them for around £3k+

However, he did say that quite often, people who have bought one from him, often contact him when they want to sell one (he has sold mine twice - the guy who has had it for the last two years, resold via him).

It may be worth a phone call - let them know how much you are looking to spend so if anyone rings, they can let you know. (They are a helpful bunch)

http://www.akmotors-bolton.co.uk

I have to say though - the others I looked at before going to AK Motors (I was initially looking at around £2,000) were dog-rough. I decided eventually that it was going to be worth spending the extra grand or so...than drive around in something that was going to need more money spending on it in the long run and have a perpetual odour of damp, p*** and/or dog s*** that would never go away!

Happy hunting. Hope you find the ONE.

~Luth

Comment

I got my 3rd gen off Ken for £2400
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X