Hello All - New Surf Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All - New Surf Owner

Just bought my first Surf after packing in work to start my own business...

Previously driving an Alfa GT company car, so needed to get something new.

I fell in love with an old Toyota Landcruiser that I drove up the east coast of Australia. It had a pop top that made up into a double bedroom and a kitchen in the back. It was dented and rough, but would go anywhere and do anything. Even had to tow a massive tree out of the way that had keeled over up in the cloud forest, blocking the fire track we were travelling down. (We would have been screwed otherwise as we didn't have enough fuel to turn back the way we came and civilisation was some way away)

I vowed then that I would get one when the time came. Then I came across the Surf. It was more in line with my budget and to be honest - I adore the way it looks.

It is a 96 3rd Gen which I believe is a Landcruiser chassis anyway....and it is a damn site better loking than the Prado. Only done 87000 miles and, though I have had it two days...I am already in love with it. Only thing I am not too keen on is the insurance premium!

Cheers

~Luth

good luck with the truck, would love to see some pics of oz!

Comment

Hello & welcome to Surfland!

I'd be quite interested if you've got any Oz-pics to share.

Comment

Hello and welcome,
        I like wife pics.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Hi and welcome to the madhouse. Lets have some pics of your new pride & joy.
          Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorHB View Post
            Just bought my first Surf after packing in work to start my own business...

Previously driving an Alfa GT company car, so needed to get something new.

I fell in love with an old Toyota Landcruiser that I drove up the east coast of Australia. It had a pop top that made up into a double bedroom and a kitchen in the back. It was dented and rough, but would go anywhere and do anything. Even had to tow a massive tree out of the way that had keeled over up in the cloud forest, blocking the fire track we were travelling down. (We would have been screwed otherwise as we didn't have enough fuel to turn back the way we came and civilisation was some way away)

I vowed then that I would get one when the time came. Then I came across the Surf. It was more in line with my budget and to be honest - I adore the way it looks.

It is a 96 3rd Gen which I believe is a Landcruiser chassis anyway....and it is a damn site better loking than the Prado. Only done 87000 miles and, though I have had it two days...I am already in love with it. Only thing I am not too keen on is the insurance premium!

Cheers

~Luth

did you buy it from ken in bolton?
            i bought mine off him at the weekend and collected it on monday

Comment

Excellent first post mate, and a good choice of motor. Try Noel dazely, or Adrian flux for insurance.

And any pictures of surfs, oz, or lady gardens welcome.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hello welcome - picture content to be large and dirty please (trucks or women)
                  “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by dirty harry View Post
                    did you buy it from ken in bolton?
                    i bought mine off him at the weekend and collected it on monday
                    I did indeed. Were you the bu**er that turned up 10 minutes before me and bought the one with the wood dash-kit? "Where's the one with the wooden dash?"...."Oh I took a deposit on it 10 minutes ago"

My wife said I should have got out of bed earlier! The interior was very nice on that one but had a bit more mileage I think?

Happy with the one I have though. Spent half a day on the interior with a bottle of cillit-bang and it looks good as new.

It was the N reg:

Comment

Originally posted by kpautos View Post
                      good luck with the truck, would love to see some pics of oz!
                      Thanks for the welcome.

I will post some pics of the Landcruiser in Oz in the pics forum once I find the power supply to my external hard drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                        Hello & welcome to Surfland!

I'd be quite interested if you've got any Oz-pics to share.
                        Thanks.

Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                          Hello and welcome,
                          I like wife pics.

Lol. Me too.

I will ask her....don't hold your breath though...I have tried before, believe me.

Comment

Thanks to all

I will be here all night posting individual reponses, so thanks all for the warm welcome.

I feel a terrible urge, something I haven't experienced before...

to begin pimping my ride....

Will this pass?

~Luth

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorHB View Post
                              I did indeed. Were you the bu**er that turned up 10 minutes before me and bought the one with the wood dash-kit? "Where's the one with the wooden dash?"...."Oh I took a deposit on it 10 minutes ago"

My wife said I should have got out of bed earlier! The interior was very nice on that one but had a bit more mileage I think?

Happy with the one I have though. Spent half a day on the interior with a bottle of cillit-bang and it looks good as new.

It was the N reg:

yes it was me, originally went to buy the one you've got but but saw the ssrg and bought that instead, did you get a boot liner in yours? as i took it out and put it in mine

Comment

Working...
                              X