No announcement yet.

If you had to..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding to work 5 days out of 5. Have been since last July or so. Have saved a feckin fortune, and have seen a higher beer intake available to me because of the extra fat-burning. Everyone's a winner!!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Facilities at work not good enough to cycle in the wet (nowhere to store or dry wet clothes) and I wouldn't do it in the snow/ice we had. About 10 miles each way so glad of the warm Surf when it was -14.
      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

As we have bought anoter Surf again, we will be looking for a cheap runabout. the Surf is mainly for towing the caravan, taking rubbish to the dump and going to the shops when we are snowed in. What's a bet that there will be no snow now that we have bought a Surf!

Comment

I'm toying with the idea of something like a mk3 golf estate for the daily commute, the 1.9 NA diesel ones run forever and get around 60mpg - plus are cheap as chips to pick up...

thought about cycling too, but at 17 miles each way its too far for a fatty like me

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
            Facilities at work not good enough to cycle in the wet (nowhere to store or dry wet clothes) and I wouldn't do it in the snow/ice we had. About 10 miles each way so glad of the warm Surf when it was -14.
            Mine's only a 4 mile trip, though I walked when there was ice on the ground, and used the truck in the snow (mainly because I was giving lifts to the missus and a colleague).

I look forward to the ride, mainly because its 90% offroad and a good bit of fun to wake me up in the morning. As it's now my main transport, there's a nice bling £500 pair of wheels I've seen...

Comment

Cheers guys, feeling more optimistic about the options now, yeah cheap run about type saloon.
              Main reason well now my band is a four piece live drummer etc we are getting bookings further and further away in bigger towns and citys.

Cost of living has gone up in the order of 20% while my income has gone up... about 2% leaves an 18% gap

What do we think of audi A4s' ? anyone owned one ?

peace
              cal
              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

How big do you need and how much have you got to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post

peace
                  cal
                  Just an upmarket passat..lol..you'll get a nicer/newer passat for the same money! If you go for the diesel, same engine in both. Audi maybe 'arguably' nicer inside, passat is a bigger bus..more A6 size

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
                    Cheers guys, feeling more optimistic about the options now, yeah cheap run about type saloon.
                    Main reason well now my band is a four piece live drummer etc we are getting bookings further and further away in bigger towns and citys.

Cost of living has gone up in the order of 20% while my income has gone up... about 2% leaves an 18% gap

peace
                    cal

your lucky, my cost of living has gone up nr on 25% and I'm earning 28% less..

cripling..

I have that Passat, the B6 far more for your money than an A4

for space and value for money, get B4 TDI estate they have masses of room, will carry your band stuff - I'm 6'4" and have slept in the back of my old one - they can look good too and arent fetching big premiums at the moment unlike its little sister the B3..

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
                      Just an upmarket passat..lol..you'll get a nicer/newer passat for the same money! If you go for the diesel, same engine in both. Audi maybe 'arguably' nicer inside, passat is a bigger bus..more A6 size
                      Agree with that statement and I'm qualified to comment

in the last 5 years I've had 2 audi A4's 2 Passat B6's 3 Passat B3, 2 Passat B4, 1 Passat B5, 3 Passat B2's

If looking for an Audi, then the A6 is bigger, normally the same if not a little bigger engine, more room and in most cases a little cheaper to buy and insure than the A4 (not as common) so defo worth looking at too

Comment

No-one's mentioned Volvo estates yet. Cheap as chips.

Passat R36 - nice. Proper wolf in sheeps clothing.

Comment

I am looking to buy for a a4 tdi or more probably a c220 cdi.

Please no links needed, I know there are loads out there. Unless it's yours.
                          Brian

Comment

Audi S5 Coupe.

Comment

Working...
                            X