yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG Tyres & Wheels - questions for 5" lift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just ordered a set of 33's and 16x10 for 800 so will be selling my 31/10.5/15 set of 5 alloys soon (once here and fitted that is)

I've got 2" suspension lift and will be doing a 2" body lift too

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
      I thought 31" was pretty damn close to stock anyway on a 3rd Gen?
      i just checked the stock size of a 2nd gen is 265/70R15 , this is 29.6" dia

so 1.4" difference in the dia around 36mm, so raises the car 18mm over stock tyes.
      2nd Gen 3.0td, running on waste veg oil

Comment

Got a pair of these Maxxis buckshot mudders (33")for just over 80 quid each as opposed to about 160 for BFG's, they aint a bad tyre either, what rims have you got? 33's will go on an 8" rim ok and i think pops had em on 7" standard surf rims with no probs, theres always ebay, 33's on rims come up a fair bit,or how about some steel modular rims/tyres combos they do?
        Attached Files
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Got a pair of these Maxxis buckshot mudders (33")for just over 80 quid each as opposed to about 160 for BFG's, they aint a bad tyre either, what rims have you got? 33's will go on an 8" rim ok and i think pops had em on 7" standard surf rims with no probs, theres always ebay, 33's on rims come up a fair bit,or how about some steel modular rims/tyres combos they do?
          thats a good price, can anyone get them for that price?

i aint bought the surf yet, im just trying to cost whats involved in getting it offroad. if they are opkm to use on the standard rims then even better , a set of tyres is all i need.

Comment

Ahhh, I thought you had a third gen, as per your stats
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf_MoFo View Post
              i just checked the stock size of a 2nd gen is 265/70R15 , this is 29.6" dia

so 1.4" difference in the dia around 36mm, so raises the car 18mm over stock tyes.
              I believe that I've read on this forum before that 31s were an original factory fitment option...

Comment

the 31's and 265s were the 2 sizes fitted as standard to the 2nd gens
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                  Ahhh, I thought you had a third gen, as per your stats
                  yeah i wish i did have the 3rd gen again but i sold it a while ago

Comment

im not sure of the rim width on these wheels but im buying this 2nd gen on saturday

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70711

Comment

chap says the rims are 10.5 wide, so how badly does 33" tyres affect mpg, maybe i should have the road tyres for daily use and have a set of rims and big tyres to swap over when going off road. is that feasible lol

Comment

Working...
                      X