Reasonable price/quality cordless drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonable price/quality cordless drill

Can anyone recommend a cordless drill ? I am now on my 6th cordless drill . I have had Bosch , Black and Decker and others . The battery fails to hold charge after time but the drill is fine . The cost of replacing battery is not worth it so I bought a Wickes mid range drill . Now the battery is fine but the drill went bang . And the battery wont fit the other drills .
    Anyone got any ideas of what make to buy for 'value for money' ?
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

I've got a set of these:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/ryobi-one-...l-driver/75673

Not bad for the money.
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Get another wickes one so you have more batteries!!
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

I got a Ryobi with two lithium batteries included. They're lighter than nicads, and last longer per charge, and they have a built in cut-off so you cant discharge them too far - which means the batteries don't degrade so quickly.

It was a bit pricier than some, but its been worth it. I had batteries that stopped holding charge on old ones too!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I have a Dewalt and a Hitachi, both seem to be very good. My B&D ones all died.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

As per Apache, Ryobi One Plus 18v stuff seems to be the best balence of build quality vs price. I've collected loads doing the house, and its great having same battery fitting every power tool you need.

You don't have to go Li-ion straight away either, but can replace the cheaper Ni-cads with them when time allows.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I bought one of these last year and so far it's performed as well as the drills costing twice as much.
              http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...&isSearch=true

But what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                I bought one of these last year and so far it's performed as well as the drills costing twice as much.
                http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...&isSearch=true

But what do I know.
                Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

But what do I know.
                  You might know this...

Have you binned those autoboxes yet? I have one that had no oil in it and it buggered the pump, wanted to see if I could save it by just changing the pump.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

makita seem very good i work in the hire trade and its all we use on the cordless side, there getting constant use and recharge. batterys last ages if the newer drill the charge rate is faster lasts longer and u can charge in any state from flat or a part charge ect most come with 2 or 3 batterys from new.
                    regards

Trev

Comment

Another vote for Makita here. Not the cheapest, but the one I use for work (18v Li-ion) is a nice bit of kit and hasn't let me down yet. As above, get one with two batteries if you're worried.

How often do you use your drills? Some batteries don't like being left a long time unless they're fully charged.
                      Andy

Comment

drills

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                        Can anyone recommend a cordless drill ? I am now on my 6th cordless drill . I have had Bosch , Black and Decker and others . The battery fails to hold charge after time but the drill is fine . The cost of replacing battery is not worth it so I bought a Wickes mid range drill . Now the battery is fine but the drill went bang . And the battery wont fit the other drills .
                        Anyone got any ideas of what make to buy for 'value for money' ?
                        dont wickes carry a 3 year g.tee ?.When did you get it

Comment

Here's a Ryobi 18v Combi Drill, 2 batteries, 13mm chuck £49.95 (10% off on Wens for OAPs) at B&Q

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...ff-p9-awin-001

* 0-400 / 0-1500rpm
                          * 13mm chuck
                          * Max drilling capacity 35mm
                          * Battery
                          * Charger
                          * 40 piece accessory kit
                          * Warranty/guarantee details: 2 years

Comment

I build sheds and summerhouse and bought a Dewalt 18v cordless from B&Q 2 years ago for £100. It's used for a couple hours almost every day and i swear by it. I've had the others, makita, ryobi etc etc but i'd never swap my Dewalt.

It's been dropped on concrete from about 8 feet high, stood on, knocked over and it's never let me down.

This one.
                            If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Japan View Post
                              Another vote for Makita here. Not the cheapest, but the one I use for work (18v Li-ion) is a nice bit of kit and hasn't let me down yet. As above, get one with two batteries if you're worried.

How often do you use your drills? Some batteries don't like being left a long time unless they're fully charged.

Makita:
                              GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X