OK, I probably deserve.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I probably deserve.....

........a right royal shafting, but have had a look at a Mitsibushi Shogun sport 2.5 TD.....anyone had any experience of them? Will probably get another Hilux, just saw this and it looks ok.

I have donned my kevlar and have fortified trousers on, so do your worst..............

No idea what they are like to drive or work on but I quite like the look of this:

“Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

It's much better than the paw@nker but it's pretty gutless when it's loaded

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

It looked smaller than the 4Runner which could suit me better, make me stop carrying as much crap about.

I may take it for a test drive over the moors............

Comment

My understanding is that they're pretty good. Will probably be more plasticy than a Surf. They are even more pickup based, so don't expect anything sophisticated handling-wise.

Comment

Not quite the case Adam ...

It's handling is far superior to the Sh!tgun and Paw@nker and is almost as good as the Surf - I suspect that it was a completely different design

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Just had a gander on Autotrader and there are only V6 petrols on there, the one I saw is a 2.5 diseasel, must be why it has an outrageous price on it.

52 plate and they want 5g for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Not quite the case Adam ...

It's handling is far superior to the Sh!tgun and Paw@nker and is almost as good as the Surf - I suspect that it was a completely different design

It is. It's based on the L200 pickup innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                  It is. It's based on the L200 pickup innit?
                  Is it?

Thought L200s were much bigger, mind you,I know the square root of ukall anyway when it comes to Mitsibushis.........

Comment

Originally posted by Fricfrac View Post
                    Is it?

Thought L200s were much bigger, mind you,I know the square root of ukall anyway when it comes to Mitsibushis.........

Comment

I've worked on both, its the same size as a Surf, (its Mitsi's version, being based on the L200 like the Surf is to the Pickup, but very much more agricultural underneath, but slight more plush on top.

Engine and drivetrains very clunky compared to a Surf, 2.5 is gutless (even with an intercooler) and loud. Suffer from cracked heads, and weak gearboxes in my limited experiance.

Apart from having multimode 4wd, there is very little to recommend it over a Surf. I wouldn't bother unless really cheap.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Matey at work has one. Warrior spec. Shiny black on a 52, plate intercooled. Been in it many times. Looks smart.

+ves:
                        The interior is black leather and it therefore looks smarter inside than my 96 3.0 intercooled. It generally looks well put together and he says changing the filters etc. are a doddle. It can also be chipped with noticeable results.

-ves:
                        It's deffo slower. It's got rock hard suspension. It pulls a lot more revs at motorway speeds than my Surf, and it sounds coarser doing it. The 4wd is like the 2nd gen Surf; not multimode and can't/shouldn't be used on dry tarmac. He had a new clutch on it under warranty after a month.
                        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions chaps, guess at 5G, minus a bit of haggling, it ain`t cheap.

Comment

Working...
                          X