The weight of a brake disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weight of a brake disc?

Anyone know the weight of a front brake disc off a 2nd Gen? I picked up a brand new set off ebay for a tenner but need to arrange a courier pick up.
    Asked the guy selling for approx dimensions & weight and he said "3 stone each."
    Although he did say, "I'm not to good with these things"........No Sh*t!

Think this was asked before so might be still in the search bit if you can sift through the vast amount of waffle! If I remember right they were 7 kilos each but someone will be along with a definite answer!

Comment

I've got a couple of new disks at work, I can place them on our scales in the morning and let you know then... if you haven't already found out by then that is.

Comment

If you can't get an answer, I will take my truck down to the weighbridge tomorrow, weigh it, then I'll go home and remove the discs and get the truck re-weighed without them.
        From that we should be able to figure out the disc weight.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Have a couple of Cruiser discs here, which should be close enough. They are about 6.5KG each so with packaging 15KG should cover you.

Nev

Comment

yup - 6.5kg

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
              Have a couple of Cruiser discs here, which should be close enough. They are about 6.5KG each so with packaging 15KG should cover you.
              Originally posted by mattisaLN130 View Post
              yup - 6.5kg
              Thanks lads! Sounds good to me

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              If you can't get an answer, I will take my truck down to the weighbridge tomorrow, weigh it, then I'll go home and remove the discs and get the truck re-weighed without them.
              From that we should be able to figure out the disc weight.
              Slobodan, be sure not to take a sh*t in between. I want an accurate figure

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post

Slobodan, be sure not to take a sh*t in between. I want an accurate figure

I'm not stupid... I didn't eat either.

About 6.6kg

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                  I'm not stupid... I didn't eat either.

About 6.6kg

Comment

Working...
                  X