X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone had trouble with milners?

anyone had any trouble with milners?

i have!

failed MOT on saturday... rushed straight home and emailed milner and roughtrax as it was after 12 and everything was closed.
    monday afternoon i get reply from roughtrax (too expensive)

WEDNESDAY i get a reply from milners... order part that evening, so they get the order THURSDAY morning... next day delivery, it's now FRIDAY... wrong part sent, motor up on stands all weekend gotta get to work monday morning and they're not contactable till monday morning so the earliest i'll get a replacement will be TUESDAY!... if they can be arsed!

and to top it all off i've missed the deadline for my FREE RETEST on the MOT
    bet they're not gonna stump up the £40.75 it's gonna cost!... !!!!!!s northern !!!!s!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

I've never had any problem dealing with Milners but then I don't email them; I phone and I always give them the frame and model numbers for the vehicle that i'm ordering the parts for.

I thought you must have screwed up when you posted that you only paid £15 for the ball joint - the correct price is about £55

Comment

Not had any trouble with them either next day usually means next day.I just make sure they know what I want and double check with them over the phone.

sumo.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

No problems

Needed indicator lense and received next day. Found them to be helpfull and quick.
        Still Searching,
        Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
          I've never had any problem dealing with Milners but then I don't email them; I phone and I always give them the frame and model numbers for the vehicle that i'm ordering the parts for.

I thought you must have screwed up when you posted that you only paid £15 for the ball joint - the correct price is about £55
          I have always phoned them and had no trouble so far with delivery's - next day or two, they even have my chassis number on record.
          ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

The only problem I have had with them is that, despite having my frame No and engine no, I still got the wrong size air con belt in the set that they sell. I contacted them and explained that the one they sent was too small, so they sent me a replacement that was a little bigger but still too small. I gave up and bought one locally. I still have the Milners one hanging on the garage wall.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

I will speak to them on monday & see if they can do anything for us poor chaps
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                The only problem I have had with them is that, despite having my frame No and engine no, I still got the wrong size air con belt in the set that they sell. I contacted them and explained that the one they sent was too small, so they sent me a replacement that was a little bigger but still too small. I gave up and bought one locally. I still have the Milners one hanging on the garage wall.
                I had the same problem with the belt for my KZN185, returned it and they sent the correct one.

Comment

I ordered the 5 belts including cambelt. The PAS belt and the aircon belt were too small and are out in the shed still coz sending parcels back to the UK is beyond my intellectual capability. I ordered these parts over the phone taking the part no's from their catalogue which I had in front of me.

Also the front anti-roll bar service kit they sent me was 70% unusable because it suited a US4runner setup not the balljoint type linkage our surfs use.

Comment

They don't answer e-mails. I sent on to ask if exhaust was in stock and to date I have not received a reply
                    Orders though have all arrived within 48 hrs.
                    Ian
                    One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Not only with Milners, but with Roughtrax too. Bought aircon belt + alternator belts for 3.0 (KZN130) from Milners - aircon didn't fit, so went to Roughtrax, who supplied a slightly longer 1175 belt, still doesn't fit......looks like there is some mis-information being passed out on service details. Next stop Toyota main dealer.

Comment

Milners are definately great if you ring, always get delivery within 48hours and correct parts (inc belts) but when I ordered on line (the only time I did) it took about 5 days and I never got an email acknowledgement.

Roughtrax I have found very helpful, fast and answered email and phone enquiries. BUT a lot of links on their website dont work!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I have used Milners twice now, and both times delighted with the service.
                          I always e-mail, then phone to confirm and ensure my dyslexia hasnt ordered me a rubber chicken with optional mouse attatchment.

Dog
                          Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Ordered first of probably many parts from Milners on Monday around 10am [filter kit, springs etc]...turned up about 2pm on Tuesday....couldnt be happier with first delivery

I phoned them quoting KZN130 with part numbers from web site..was told that someone had written wrong code for sump washer..but turned up okay
                            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog
                              ..... a rubber chicken with optional mouse attatchment.

Dog
                              Didn't know they did those. You got a part number?
                              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
                              X