Throttle cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle cable?

Think i may need a newun, i'm getting a sticking point about mid throttle, may account for it jamming open on me, inlet end seems nice and free and cant see owt fouling it on the pedal, any idea as to how much and where from, had a quick look on roughtrax and milners,or is it a main stealer item?
    not sure about a breaker part
    at first i thought it were due to the intercooler broken support bracket allowing the rad to drop down a bit, and as i thought the hose was fouling the throttle wheel/cam thingy
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Sticky throttle cable

Ian,how do, its me again.My pop had this problem years ago on his old Vanden Plas Princess 1300,The inner cable was made of a differant metal than the outer alloy spiral covering.If the outer rubber/plastic sheathing is broken it can allow ingress of water and you get an electrolytic reaction between the two metals/alloys and it literally furs up on the inside.Pops was made worse because the break in the covering was near the battery and a small amount of acid made the corrosion worse.I noticed my outer sheathing was cracked a while ago,dripped some oil in the hole then covered it with rubber tape.Might not be the same on yours but always worth a look see.Regards,Alan

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
      Ian,how do, its me again.My pop had this problem years ago on his old Vanden Plas Princess 1300,The inner cable was made of a differant metal than the outer alloy spiral covering.If the outer rubber/plastic sheathing is broken it can allow ingress of water and you get an electrolytic reaction between the two metals/alloys and it literally furs up on the inside.Pops was made worse because the break in the covering was near the battery and a small amount of acid made the corrosion worse.I noticed my outer sheathing was cracked a while ago,dripped some oil in the hole then covered it with rubber tape.Might not be the same on yours but always worth a look see.Regards,Alan
      Cheer's Alan, yes i think it's the nylon covering around the center cable thats at fault, slightly bending the cable ya get a cracking noise, just not sure if one from a breaker would be wise and aint phoned toyota yet, cant see em on roughtrax or milners,
      btw we went to the scrapy for the KA bits, all of em were nowt like the set-up in this car, guess whoever fitted this toad alarm did the solinoids, parts from the breakers to put it back to standard were about a tenner a side, but the son in law being tighter than a ducks arse just unplugged the doad and my daughter has to use the key to lock it offered to do it if she wants to buy the bits, also i take it it's not useual for the gear stick to come off in your hand, summat else i have to fix, bl00dy fords and kids
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ka's and Kids

Got to say the gearstick has not parted company from the car, but give it /her time.When she first got it(her first car)it was washed and hoovered religiously,now she treats it like a dodgem car.
        On another topic,any chance you could post a picture ,either on here or to

millydash@live.co.uk

of the finished but modified heater control you do,seen it mentioned several times but not sure what it looks like.
        Regards,Alan

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
          Got to say the gearstick has not parted company from the car, but give it /her time.When she first got it(her first car)it was washed and hoovered religiously,now she treats it like a dodgem car.
          On another topic,any chance you could post a picture ,either on here or to

millydash@live.co.uk

of the finished but modified heater control you do,seen it mentioned several times but not sure what it looks like.
          Regards,Alan
          Here you go Al:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....7&postcount=31

And if you feel like working your way through the whole thread:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66217

Comment

Heater control

Thanks for that Rusty,will have a gander at it later,Alan

Comment

Working...
            X