Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbq

My truck smells like a BBQ!

Yesterday I put 15 Litres of SVO in then filled up with diesel - only driven 30 miles since but its good so far
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Thats the only drawback (or attraction for some) the smell, stinks summat wicked, truck ran fine on it tho, probably a trick of the mind but it seemed to run better!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

There must be something wrong with my sense of smell or my old 2.4, because SVO smelled nothing like a BBQ or chip shop, just a rancid pong.
      I preferred the smell of diesel fumes, but now I prefer unleaded with a dash of tyre smoke.

Comment

Always makes me feel hungry, especially on long trips!
        Non consternationes.

Comment

Hungry for what?

Comment

Dohnuts, smells like the ones you get at Brid Harbour.
            They put hairs on your chest!
            Non consternationes.

Comment

i ran mine for a wee while, then the fuel pump seals said, i dont liek this SVO an started dropping fluid everywhere..

Smell isn't too bad on the road, but take it off and be steady and the smell starts to make you sick after a while (but i do have side exit pipes)

i wish i'd never started the veg oil route now..

but yes it did feel like it was running better

Comment

That's interesting, I normally notice a lack of power when using veg. I don't seem to get that "kick" of power when it changes down.
                I love the smell of SVO though, and once you "know" the smell, you can smell it a mile off!
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

By putting 15 Litres in my truck I saved £6! (£1 per litre, instead of £1.40) so if I ran at 50/50 I'd save over £10 per tank - thats a big saving over a year!
                  “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                    By putting 15 Litres in my truck I saved £6! (£1 per litre, instead of £1.40) so if I ran at 50/50 I'd save over £10 per tank - thats a big saving over a year!

that was my thoughts untill the first 60 litres of veg were used and the fuel pump started leaking - will cost more to sort than the savings - wish i'd never bothered

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
                      that was my thoughts untill the first 60 litres of veg were used and the fuel pump started leaking - will cost more to sort than the savings - wish i'd never bothered
                      That was just bad luck (or worn seals) mate. Drove my old 2nd gen from Newcastle to the Lizard in Cornwall on 100% veggie last year and it never missed a beat. Never lost a drop of fuel either!
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                        If you keep an eye on the netto offers, the have been recently doing the oil at 89p per litre.
                        15 1litre bottles fit just nice into one of their hand-baskets.
                        Non consternationes.

Comment

Saved myself over £180 this year, i`m upto 50/50 now its warmer. dont mind the smell, i`d prefer that coming in when the back window is down than pure diesel smoke

Comment

Thinned down the svo and added the atf. no problems with leaks now, and mine was pi$$ing out big time... gonna run 70/30 derv/oil fron now on with a snifter of thinners from time to time....
                            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                            X