Opportunity to Join the elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    No one seems to like it, yet a blind eye is turned, to a supercharged 4.0 v8 something or other, just driven around Chelsea. For use just round town, this is much more sensible.
    Only just, how many people with a SUV would perfectly well get by with an Estate car? No one should be able to tell you what to drive. But hey, its supposedly a free country, if you can afford it, do it.

But as this was a thread put on a public forum for discussion, my opinion is a 2wd SUV is pretty pointless. Almost as pointless as buying a proper 4wd SUV as a daily driver if you never use it offroad, tow anything or fill it full of junk or dogs/kids.

How much extra MPG do you get for binning the front diff and lowering it a bit? I doubt its that much in the real world, and then when it snows you're still no better off than any other RWD car.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

They sell 2wd Suzuki Vitaras (Sidekick or Geo tracker in America) in the US, really cant see the point of them at all except when this happens to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjK2w-qdiXo

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        Only just, how many people with a SUV would perfectly well get by with an Estate car? No one should be able to tell you what to drive. But hey, its supposedly a free country, if you can afford it, do it.

But as this was a thread put on a public forum for discussion, my opinion is a 2wd SUV is pretty pointless. Almost as pointless as buying a proper 4wd SUV as a daily driver if you never use it offroad, tow anything or fill it full of junk or dogs/kids.

How much extra MPG do you get for binning the front diff and lowering it a bit? I doubt its that much in the real world, and then when it snows you're still no better off than any other RWD car.
        Ooohhh...someones tired.

in the same vein, how many hideous old doris's who hail from south ken, would even know what 4wd is. Mind, I can't see the point of having a decent 4ws and not using it offroad either...lexurf is going to throw so much mud up it's gunnals.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          .lexurf is going to throw so much mud up it's gunnals.

shhh, don't tell Vince, he'll take it off you!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Most people may find it hard to believe, but back in the 90's Land Rover even made some 2wd landies, possibly for the Indonesian military police, or somesuch, Google might know.....I'll check.....Cheers....Mick.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

My Surf is 2wd.

One at the front and one at the back.

No lockers.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
              X