Blackpoolsparks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackpoolsparks

Hi Gordon, this may be a long shot but did you have to do any mods to allow you to fit that 2nd gen bull bar to your 3rd gen?

I'm trying to work out the best way to attach my 2nd gen Aiba works bar but the brackets are 110mm short of the chassis rails (where the 3rd gen bars are attached). I've been trying to work out the best way to fit it but I'm not having much luck so far!

If you have any advice or pictures it would be a great help. If all else fails I may end up having to sell the Aiba works one and buy a proper 3rd gen bull bar.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Hi again, Gordon. Just to say don't bother with any info mate as this bull bar won't fit a 3rd gen. The bracket work would be so bulky that it would look horrendous under the truck, I guess I'll have to put the Aiba works bar back up for sale. To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

Comment

I'm guessing that the need to make the mounting points of the bars further apart?

Would welding some flat plate steel to the existing brackets work? then all you need to do is drill the holes for the bolts. That way there would be less bracketry hanging down looking ugly.

Got any photos of the bar monts amd chassis?

Comment

It's not just the brackets, Vince. The whole thing sits too low and too far forward. The centre piece would fit okay on it's own but when the wrap around bits are bolted on they point downward instead of being level with the wing. It's hard to describe but it just wouldn't look right.

Comment

This Fits a second or third gen tho it does look bad underneath its possible.

Comment

£160 for a mangled nudge bar??????

It's worth £60 tops!

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
              This Fits a second or third gen tho it does look bad underneath its possible.
              It will fit a 3rd gen, but not without some modification. As you can see by the pictures it bolts to brackets fitted to the chassis rails, which are approx 110mm wider on the 3rd gen.

Comment

Guess thats me and my 2nd gen bullbar up sh1t creek too
                Fortunately mine cost less than the diesel and effort that went into getting it so i might look into the possibility of butchering it just before it reaches the bash plate, chopping off the front of the cronic A bar i`ve got fitted and finding a way of joining them together, i`ll go check out how stupid that idea sounds when i`ve woken up

Comment

Working...
                X