Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates...fun and foliage frippery...

Hi peeps!

well i have done a wee bit more to the truck since last on here, all small stuff, but slowly slowly she is turning a corner from old runabout to a proper old skool cool retro mudpluger.

ive got runway enduros front and general graber on the rear now.. 31/10.5/15.

just changed the auto box oil yesterday..old stuff was brown and burnt and changes were hesitant... so drained sump and put in new. changin much better.

when i have time the gearbox sumps coming off and the filter is getting changed/cleaned.

anyone bought a gb sump gasket and or filter? Price?

ordered a a bunch of stuff from roughtrax... engine mounts, rear wiper, oil filter and bearing for the aircon pulley. ...going greenlaning at weekend then after that will serive the brakes and get new pads next month... as they are getting a bit squeaky...!

video on you tube..here..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hesh1138?feature=mhee

still no luck with the spare wheel carrier...nuthin budgeing.. need s to come out cos its a 275 tyre and i need to put a 31 incher on . ..plus underseal everything in sight. Anyone in north east able to gimme a hand relasing it after the 11th july? ive moved back perminently up north now ..so no more backand forward to london ....

anyways ..more info and pics and vids as i get on witht e interesting stuff..

Comment

Nice work!
      I vaguely remember a thread about the Auto filter being a simple gauze type and I think the general idea was to just leave it in place as there isn't much you can do with it?

The tyres should really be the same make / type / size front and rear as when the 4WD is engaged the front and rear diffs are locked together. Different sized wheels or even same sized but different manufacture (as size can vary slightly) could put strain on the transfer box due to the front and rear wheels rotating different distances.

Let me know on the engine mounts. I remember my 2.4 engine moving about more than I'd liked. Havent looked / noticed on this. Are yours needing replacing or just piece of mind?
      If only I had saved all the money I have spent at Roughtrax over the years...
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

cheers..

ta bud,

I hear you about the tyres, it was necessity at the time, as the Generals were to much £££ ..but i found a guy down south who did my rear ones at less than they would have been up here so...well it would have been rude to say no eh?

once i get the ruddy spare out i plan to get two matching generals and use the runways as spares.

as for the engine mounts, when we got the truck she had the old desile rattle on start up, and on tick over would shake like an old bus, so i had a peek at the gb mount.. and low it were buggered. the change to that has resulting in such and change tothe whole truck, with no vibes and smoother running that i though .. well...lets change the engine mounts... "how hard can it be" ...Me and a couple of mates have allthe gear like engine crane and stuff.

plus, when coming to a stop it fels as if the engine is moving backand forth, i ocasionally sit a traffic lights and drop her back into neutral, and theres a clunk as the engine seems to sit back onto the gear box after release of the drive....its od, cos i doubt there is actually any movement there, but the old gb mount was pulled right forward, so it is possible.

as for the ££ im finding it all reasonalbe at the m, but thats cos i just converted from a skyline! lol

edit note to self....slow down with the typing or get a faster keyboard...arrgh!

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        Nice work!
        I vaguely remember a thread about the Auto filter being a simple gauze type and I think the general idea was to just leave it in place as there isn't much you can do with it?

The tyres should really be the same make / type / size front and rear as when the 4WD is engaged the front and rear diffs are locked together. Different sized wheels or even same sized but different manufacture (as size can vary slightly) could put strain on the transfer box due to the front and rear wheels rotating different distances.

Let me know on the engine mounts. I remember my 2.4 engine moving about more than I'd liked. Havent looked / noticed on this. Are yours needing replacing or just piece of mind?
        If only I had saved all the money I have spent at Roughtrax over the years...
        Last edited by Hesh; 1 July 2011, 12:50.

Comment

nice to see your enjoing the surf,give me a shout next time your up at delves, could have a look out on some local lanes

Comment

Originally posted by silva surfa View Post
            nice to see your enjoing the surf,give me a shout next time your up at delves, could have a look out on some local lanes
            what you up to sunday, me and couple of mates are off out in a surf(mine) a series 88 and a 110...if youre up for it?

Comment

yeah i,ll have a lokk out,were you planning on going ?

Comment

yeah i,ll have a lokk out,were you planning on going ?
                Of course he's going, he just said he is, with a couple of mates.

Comment

oops ment where, i think thats how you spell it

Comment

not too sure

oops ment where, i think thats how you spell it
                    we're gonna figure that out sat night over a BBQ, if you got any ideas then all suggestions welcome... i've not been out onthe local trails its the other two guys that know them better...

i'll let you know where we're meeting up...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Of course he's going, he just said he is, with a couple of mates.
                      Thanks for entertainment at 4am
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Hesh View Post
                        we're gonna figure that out sat night over a BBQ, if you got any ideas then all suggestions welcome... i've not been out onthe local trails its the other two guys that know them better...

i'll let you know where we're meeting up...
                        didnt get chance to sort stuff out, was very last minute dot com. We ended up head over to nenthead and the like, but most of the driving was road based and gravel trail, not very "greenlane" until that is we found a puddle... video edits and such to follow. ..

si

Comment

roughtrax...

well i got my bits, ...

wiper all fixed though the wash jets point in such a random direction it is hard to get water onto the window. also want to get rid of the old surf mirrored stuff on the back as its seen better days . does this just peel off?

oil change done and aircon bearing replaced. though i suspect the clutch is goosed on the pump ..as when you press the button nowt chages..i seem to remember the front of the pump spins when ac is on usually.

oil change done...still got a leak from somewhere i suspect the rocker cover seal has gone at the back...

off to London for a few days and then hopefully will be able to do the engine mounts when i get back ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hesh View Post
                            wiper all fixed though the wash jets point in such a random direction it is hard to get water onto the window. also want to get rid of the old surf mirrored stuff on the back as its seen better days . does this just peel off?
                            For the washer jets (assuming you haven't tried this already) you can get a pin/needle/similar, poke it down the nozzle and point it in any direction you fancy. The reason I suggest this is because I only realised this was possible fairly recently!

As for the screen tinting - that should just peel or scratch off.

Comment

ahah..

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                              For the washer jets (assuming you haven't tried this already) you can get a pin/needle/similar, poke it down the nozzle and point it in any direction you fancy. The reason I suggest this is because I only realised this was possible fairly recently!

As for the screen tinting - that should just peel or scratch off.
                              ta bud, will look at it tommorrow.. I've done the pin thing, but it still seems to be oddly aligned, withthe whole washer pod thing pointing to the off side of the truck rather than straight down ...

Comment

Working...
                              X