Log book issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log book issues

Toyota and all my local dealers are refusing to sign anything to say my Surf is an estate not a utility because its an import and they want nothing to do with it, anyone succesfully got their log book changed yet?

I have a few ideas to try yet, is there a Surf owners club? DVLA will sometimes accept an owners club as an official source of info.

just do this
    cost 25 quid
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022404
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

they get lost all the time
      i split tea on mine
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Does that work? anyone actually done it and got it back changed from 4x4 light utility to estate car that way?

Comment

I'm sure this is a silly question for those in the know – but why do you need it changed?
          Some impact on tax or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mork View Post
            I'm sure this is a silly question for those in the know – but why do you need it changed?
            Some impact on tax or something?
            My second gen was down as an estate. Tax was £205, the third gen is down as a utility vehicle. Tax was £245. Dont know if thats why but i know other third gen owners paid £205 ?
            There`s also some connection between the description and the hassle people have with getting into the Congestion Charge zone

Cant change the description till you tax it tho

Comment

Its the London Emissions Zone, £200 a DAY fine if you get spotted by the number plate cameras. Surfs are excempt providing the log book is right, which a lot of them (ours included) are not.

DVLA see the word Hilux and assume its a pickup truck when the import paperwork goes through.

Comment

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post
                Toyota and all my local dealers are refusing to sign anything to say my Surf is an estate not a utility because its an import and they want nothing to do with it, anyone succesfully got their log book changed yet?

I have a few ideas to try yet, is there a Surf owners club? DVLA will sometimes accept an owners club as an official source of info.
                yeah i am sure there is a surf owners club but cant for the life of me remember it
                JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

just spoke the dvla again, they will accept owners clubs opinions about how genuine a car is for registration number purposes, but not for bodysyle, ###### idiots, ok, on to option number two then, i shall keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
                    yeah i am sure there is a surf owners club but cant for the life of me remember it
                    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

just spoke the dvla again, they will accept owners clubs opinions about how genuine a car is for registration number purposes, but not for bodysyle, ###### idiots, ok, on to option number two then, i shall keep you posted.

Dude, you really need to change your identity or buy a Mondeo, your life would be so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Dude, you really need to change your identity or buy a Mondeo, your life would be so much easier.

What? i dont want a crappy fwd girls shopping car like a mondeo, my fiance wants to keep her Surf, which we wont be able to do if i cant get it reclassified, and in case anyone else needs the info im keeping you updated, i notice there is no one on here saying they have already done it.

There is already a price difference round our way between stuff thats LEZ compliant, and stuff that isnt, personally i dont want our Surf to become worth bugger all in 2012 when the regs come into force.

Comment

It's a fair comment!
                          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Thanks
                            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

What? i dont want a crappy fwd girls shopping car like a mondeo, my fiance wants to keep her Surf, which we wont be able to do if i cant get it reclassified, and in case anyone else needs the info im keeping you updated, i notice there is no one on here saying they have already done it.

There is already a price difference round our way between stuff thats LEZ compliant, and stuff that isnt, personally i dont want our Surf to become worth bugger all in 2012 when the regs come into force.
                              fair do,s mate, got an idea , dont know were you are in essex but my local dvla is chelmsford ,go down there and tell them face to face your car is wrongly classified , its an estate car , its in the car park , have a look
                              JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Working...
                              X