women and surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• women and surfs

I've just been reading eBay ads etc, and can't believe how many people list their surfs for sale and say stuff like " I love the surf , but my wife won't drive it"

What's wrong with these people. My wife loves mine now she's insured on it also . She even took it and cleaned it for me yesterday.
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

My missus won't drive mine on road (she'll drive off road!) but she loves my surf, even though she's finding it increasingly difficult to get in (cos I've raised it again, and again!)
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

My missus loves driving the Surf, but she hasn't figured out where to put the fuel in.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

My missus loves the Surf but is a bit uncomfortable in case she damages our daily drive Pride n Joy .... so she has her own Series 1 SWB Paj

Jess
        nearly 10 years of Surfs
        "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

They say stuff like that because they feel that they have to have give a reason for selling a car which they have just described in such glowing terms, and blaming the wife is a better alternative than the truth, which could be.

Im selling the Surf because the head has gone and Ive masked it with K seal which I know wont last for ever.

Im selling the Surf because its cost me a fortune in repairs these last few months and its making some strange new worrying noises

Im selling the Surf because with the price of fuel and its prodigious appetite, Im rapidly becoming skint

Im selling the Surf because its a 2.4 and Im scared $hitless that the head will pop tomorrow, I need the sale to fund the purchase of a 3.0 litre one

etc etc.
          Сви можемо

Comment

Not just Ebay ads, we have one of our own!
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Our lass won't drive my surf either. I think this is one of the many fabulous reasons for keeping her, the surf that is not our lass.

Her main reason for not driving is that my surf is on an L plate and she point blank refuses to drive anything that's older than her 55 Sh1troen Picasso.

Oh well, her loss.
              If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Comment

Like Bogus said, its mostly B/S.

Linda had her Surf before I met her, I know at least 3 other single wimmin with Surfs.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I reckon it's BS too ...

My problem is that Jackie refuses to drive the Fawcus so I hardly ever get the chance to drive HER Surf !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                    They say stuff like that because they feel that they have to have give a reason for selling a car which they have just described in such glowing terms, and blaming the wife is a better alternative than the truth, which could be.

Im selling the Surf because the head has gone and Ive masked it with K seal which I know wont last for ever.

Im selling the Surf because its cost me a fortune in repairs these last few months and its making some strange new worrying noises

Im selling the Surf because with the price of fuel and its prodigious appetite, Im rapidly becoming skint

Im selling the Surf because its a 2.4 and Im scared $hitless that the head will pop tomorrow, I need the sale to fund the purchase of a 3.0 litre one

etc etc.
                    Absolutely spot on!

I stop reading an ad as soon as I get to the harbinger of impending doom "wife doesn't like/can't get used to/can't park it".
                    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Ours belongs to the my missus really, i tried to persuade her to have a Surf before she chose a frontera sport, she didnt like the pictures and said they were mumsy.

then she saw ours at the side of the road for sale and said

"I want THAT one"

so now she has the Surf and loves it.

Im stuck driving my 100 quid Vitara which i dont really like, but little does she know as soon as i find a decent 80's V8 dodge van i shall just buy it.

Comment

My French Mrs has a long list of cars she won't drive.

1. LHD VW combi Once in ten years in the deep countryside

2. LHD Range classic V8 Auto - Like so many froggies I've met absolutely clueless about auto's.

3. RHD Surf .... but the steering wheel's on the wrong side!

But she has a Yaris so no problems

Comment

My wife loves to drive ours, i have to beat her away from the drivers door with a stick when-ever we are going out in it!
                          She too has the same problem about finding where to put fuel in, but this applies to all cars she uses.
                          Non consternationes.

Comment

I sometimes let the other half drive MY surf....I prefer it to my BMW M3.....

Comment

Mrs MWS is quite happy driving the truck. In fact she's a good enough driver to jump into anything below 7.5 tons. She even used to have her own motorbike many years ago. Problem is, because she likes driving the Surf, she wont stand for me taking off the sidesteps, or lifting it any further!..........Cheers....Mick.
                              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                              X