Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nursing a fuzzy head

Hello All
    Well after a long break from the www I can now "surf" again...
    any way after my truck failing its mot for the first time ever and having one or eight beers to console myself I now have to get round to fixing the fails( n/s r & o/s r anti roll bar bush and CV boot gaitor . I think I can remember reading somewhere that the nut holding the wheel hub inplace is torqed upto 176lb/ft. So do now don't laugh but does that mean that if the nut is at the centre and with a wrench 1ft long I lean on the wrench with a force greater than 176lb. the nut will come undone? be gentle with me , oh and for all of those who have struggled with this particular item cv boot not hangover I have been quoted £60 to change the boot.......
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Your information is wrong. There are many threads on here dealing with driveshaft removal.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

And to answer your torque question; theoretically, yes. In reality, the force needed to slacken a nut or bolt is greater than that used to tighten it.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hi Albannach ,
        Thanks for the reply. I did a search and found this http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/cvjoints.htm

I think even my hamfisted spanner twirling should be able to cope with this and now I have saved myself £60 to boot.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
        X