World after oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    Nuclear plants cannot replace current fossil fuel plants, since they are only useful for providing a "base" amount of power - they cannot currently respond quickly to changes in demand
    Fixed that.

There's no reason at all why they couldn't in future by storing a small amount of generated energy, say hydro-electrically. Plus there are also already hydro plants like Dinorwic which are there for just such a reason.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post
      I thin k you guysr are being over optomistic about what science can do in a short time,.
      11 years ago when I was being site inducted for where I work, I was informed that whatever mother nature produces our site can replicate. We haven't entered the alternative fuel market as the landowner is a major oil refiner. But we do produce the additives for most of the oil companies, and are at the forefront of develouping the long life lubrication used in wind turbines. Some of the people are soo inteligent that they have slip on shoes instead of laces!

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post
      As a planet we already farm pretty much ALL the farmable land,
      Sorry we don't, we pay most of our farmers not to grow food.

Personally I'm not too worried. We will eventually be priced out of our cars, but hopefully by then I'll be fit enough not to be put off by a 20 mile cycle.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

World after oil

Bet you a tenner the politicians never go short,I bet they have got enough oil as well

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
          It would be more carbon efficient to bury yourself...
          That's where these guys are coming from...

http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
          X