Hi all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all.

Hi all, just a quick post to introduce myself and congratulate you on a great and informative site. I don't have a Surf myself but always quite liked them. I'm a bit of a fan of most 4wds to be honest. Particularly interested in the 1uz-fe though and dare I say it am currently fitting one to a Land Rover 90 (though there isn't much left that's Land Rover)
    @ Bushwhacker You've been a great source of inspiration over the last few weeks with your tasty Lexsurf threads, keep up the great work. What colour scheme are you going with for Lexsurf VI?
    @Dannyboy77 Many thanks for the recent posting of the wiring diagrams, they're gonna come in handy in a few days time
    Lee.

Hi and welcome Lee.
    Bushy is the forum's encyclopedia
    I was up your way last Friday as i broke down in Keele services in a lorry.A nice young lady came out to do the repairs from S.o.T
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by scuba_diver View Post
      Hi all, just a quick post to introduce myself and congratulate you on a great and informative site. I don't have a Surf myself but always quite liked them. I'm a bit of a fan of most 4wds to be honest. Particularly interested in the 1uz-fe though and dare I say it am currently fitting one to a Land Rover 90 (though there isn't much left that's Land Rover)
      @ Bushwhacker You've been a great source of inspiration over the last few weeks with your tasty Lexsurf threads, keep up the great work. What colour scheme are you going with for Lexsurf VI?
      @Dannyboy77 Many thanks for the recent posting of the wiring diagrams, they're gonna come in handy in a few days time
      Lee.
      Shhhh.... it's Lexurf! He gets ever so upset...

Comment

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
          Yep!! I'm afraid that's another new member to be added to vince's ignore list.

Hi Lee.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            Hi and welcome Lee.
            Bushy is the forum's encyclopedia
            I was up your way last Friday as i broke down in Keele services in a lorry.A nice young lady came out to do the repairs from S.o.T
            Keele services is my local take away! lol
            Well, only if I want a Burger King but it's about 5 mins drive.

Comment

Hello welcome
              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                Oops, never noticed I'd added an 's'.............TWICE aswell I'll put it down to being late and not concentrating

Comment

Oops, never noticed I'd added an 's'.............TWICE aswell I'll put it down to being late and not concentrating
                  I still add the "s" without realising, one thing that really gets on his nerves is when you spell his user name wrong.

Isn't that right bushwacker.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

@Rustinho, where exactly you from? Do you do any offroading at all, there are a couple of good sites near us, especially one at Silverdale.

Comment

Hello Lee. Welcome.....Cheers....Mick.
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Howdy Partner

Nice to meet ya

Comment

@Rustinho, where exactly you from? Do you do any offroading at all, there are a couple of good sites near us, especially one at Silverdale.
                          Not used the pay & play site at Silverdale yet - I believe the same guys have opened another place nearby at Halmer End somewhere (or at least will be opening it next month anyway).

Do you know of any other off roading places?

I actually live just down the road from the Silverdale pay & play site. In the summer (particularly) I always see loads of quad bikes coming back from it. I'm not sure how truck friendly it actually is cos some of the tracks around there look pretty challenging and the gaps between the trees look a bit tight too. Keep meaning to walk/cycle up there and have a good look one day cos you can't really see much on google maps...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=holl...N&hl=en&tab=wl

It's the wood/hill bordered by Hollywood Lane and Crackley Lane if you know it.

Do you know of any other pay & play sites around here? I've heard that there is something up Weston Coyney sort of way but not sure. I think I've heard something mentioned about somewhere at a farm up past Mow Cop on the minor road down to Congleton but again it's nothing more than something someone said to me once...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                            Not used the pay & play site at Silverdale yet - I believe the same guys have opened another place nearby at Halmer End somewhere (or at least will be opening it next month anyway).

Do you know of any other off roading places?

I actually live just down the road from the Silverdale pay & play site. In the summer (particularly) I always see loads of quad bikes coming back from it. I'm not sure how truck friendly it actually is cos some of the tracks around there look pretty challenging and the gaps between the trees look a bit tight too. Keep meaning to walk/cycle up there and have a good look one day cos you can't really see much on google maps...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=holl...N&hl=en&tab=wl

It's the wood/hill bordered by Hollywood Lane and Crackley Lane if you know it.

Do you know of any other pay & play sites around here? I've heard that there is something up Weston Coyney sort of way but not sure. I think I've heard something mentioned about somewhere at a farm up past Mow Cop on the minor road down to Congleton but again it's nothing more than something someone said to me once...
                            Silverdale is run by a guy named Jim, it's a great site but can be very challenging in places, myself and a couple of friends marshall there (and do our best to kick the quad and other users off who go on there illegally). The new site is at Halmerend, only been there once before and wasn't too impressed, although I believe there's more to it than I saw before.
                            The site at Weston Coyney is ran by Jamo, who's the guy that owns Jumbo skips (amongst other things) It's not too bad a site but not too much to it, you get bored driving after an hour or so, then tend to spend the rest of the time watching the knobheads trying to kill themselves in beatup old knackers Sometimes it's like Scrapheap challenge.... on ice
                            Mow cop seems to see a number of different clubs, not a bad site. Bit of a mix in terms of severity. Buxton and District Land Rover club use it quite a bit for trials and winch challenges.
                            I live up Chesterton way now by the way, grew up in Clayton.

Comment

Working...
                            X