A Question for the shinies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
    ACF50 is good stuff to stop bolt heads furring up and such like.
    I found that in a search the other day, I'll get some; but I'm bolting doors too late...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I've had good results with Belgom Alu polish on furred up casings, that leaves a protective coat.

Comment

I used to use Mr Sheen (furniture polish with Polymer) or similar cheaper version mainly on (Kevlar/Fiberglass) Trike Bodywork, or as Vice says a light wipe over with WD40 ....

Jess
        nearly 10 years of Surfs
        "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

A true service...

Remove all plastic and tank.

Clean with degreasant but use only parafin on the chain.

Take apart clean and grease; head bearings, swing arm, suspension linkage. Clean and lube chain toothbrush and parafin.

Grease wheel bearings, clean brake calipers grease if applicable and change brake fluid.

Open all electrical connections, spray WD40, AC90 or whatever.

Cover it in (not the disks or tyres) some spray, polish panels inside and out.

Its good for another 10 years.

I started biking as a Despath rider for ten years, used to have a bike paint shop and today I have 3 BMWs, 1 Suzuki and Madames gotta CG125.

Comment

They call it "detailing" will be loads of ways to do it but google will give you plenty of options and before/after pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              If you want a hooligan that will try to kill you, buy a TL.
              LOL, They did have a reputation for sorting the men from the boys. I owned one for about 4 years and had the suspension sorted by Maxton and the engine prepared by John Donnan (RIP). It was an absolute beast of a thing. Nothing beats a good V-Twin.

WD40 everytime for cleaning and protecting. Tesco by me sell it at £2.50 for the big tin.

Comment

2nd that on the WD40 idea, its ace for shifting all the grub that builds up where you cant easily get to, and putting a nice finish on furred up bits and bobs, I also use one called GT85 which you can get from the push bike section in halfords, costs slightly more but lasts a bit longer. My bikes have never been show and shine machines more "practical" but I like em to look decent, Mr Muscle furniture polish on the shiny top side bits works a treat too!

Comment

I'm definitely not in the show 'n' shine category, but I do like my bike to look reasonable. And as it lives outside all year round, it has to be well protected. Alas!, I've not looked after it as well as I should have this past year and it's starting to show.

So, I need to spend some time and money fixing it up again (before the winter!)

WD40, ACF50, that Alu polish, a lot of time and a couple of hundred quid should see it good as new...
                  Last edited by Albannach; 19 April 2011, 00:44.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

And £43.78's worth of elbow grease young man.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I swear by Meguiers hi in carnuba and cheap enough. I do the WD40 trick on my outboards works very well after a hard day on the river

Comment

Working...
                      X