Aluminium Diamond Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminium Diamond Plate

Its just shiny chequerplate,anyone know of a supplier,local or not doesnt matter

How much do you need?
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Aluminium Diamond Plate

Jon,how do. I dont need much,have been toying with the idea of covering/replacing the bash plate,extending it back 6" and bringing the front forward and up a tad,like a silly bugger just been out in the drizzle measuring it,about 3x2 would suffice.Probably hoped I might find an offcut locally but no go.Then I could play around with it a bit,Ta

Comment

How much money you got?
        B&Q do Alu chequerplate in sheets, but it aint cheap...
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

is it the really shiny stuff,last time it took the wife ages to get it buffed up nice

Comment

I like the idea of this. Wanted to make the plate bigger since I did body lift. Is this chequerplate stuff strong enough tho?
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I have a bit here but it's only about 10" wide x 3' long so not a lot of use to you
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
                is it the really shiny stuff,last time it took the wife ages to get it buffed up nice
                This is their stuff...
                depends how shiny you like it!
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Aluminium Diamond Plate

According to one site in China it is available in about 5 sizes up to 6mm,2,3,4.5,5 and 6,but you had to buy ten ton,anybody got any room in their garage???

Comment

Aluminium Diamond Plate

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                    This is their stuff...
                    depends how shiny you like it!

oooooh shiny

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
                      I like the idea of this. Wanted to make the plate bigger since I did body lift. Is this chequerplate stuff strong enough tho?
                      Strong enough to cover, nowhere near strong enough as a bash plate.
                      I have angle iron underneath my A Bar cross member... the plate is just for show....
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Aluminium Diamond Plate

So its as thick as a bash plate but doesnt have the inherant strength of a bash plate,is that because its ally

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
                          So its as thick as a bash plate but doesnt have the inherant strength of a bash plate,is that because its ally
                          Don't know the thicknesses but yes, aluminium is not as strong/stiff as steel so will bend quite easily.
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I use a Company called Optima Stainless, for Stainless and Ally. They are based in Kings Lynn Norfolk and are good on there prices, I have supplied Bushy and Popeye recently, If you need any more info give me a shout.

Comment

Aluminium Diamond Plate

David,If you know a phone number I would be very grateful,or just the address,Ta,Alan

P.S.,just found it thanks,Alan
                              Last edited by HONEST AL; 14 April 2011, 08:19.

Comment

Working...
                              X