Off to the Grand!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to the Grand!!

Me and the memsaab will be lording this comeing weekend courtesy of our children (grown up children) they clubbed together to pay for a day staying at the grand hotel in brighton, this is a treat for out ruby wedding anniversery, sort of mixed feelings about it as i'm not used to that sort of upper class stuff but looking forward to it in another way,
    (at least there is'nt a conservative party conference on at the same time)
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

I did it a few years ago Ian, great hotel!
    sandwich, bottle of beer and a half of draught lager at the hotel bar was about £14 then i think!!
    Enjoy it to the max mate, it really is lovely place to stay!

Alan

(i think dinner was about 90 quid for the two of us!!!)
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Enjoy mate. Some people enjoy that kind of luxury every day!
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

have a great time

youll get used to the luxury i'm sure

Comment

I'm sure we'll enjoy it, although i wont be drinking at the bar, i shudder to think what the prices are now, my son stayed at a top london hotel and for six drinks at the bar it came to £180 my wife likes the lanes tho, and i like brighton, we were going to go see a show but theres not much on that week so hopeing to find a pub with live music,
          was it Noel Coward that when asked to define Brighton said "piers, queers, and racketeers

Comment

You'll have a blast ian...just don't pick up a coin if you see it dropped...
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Enjoy your day Ian, Very nice of your Children to do that for you both.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                You'll have a blast ian...just don't pick up a coin if you see it dropped...

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                  Enjoy your day Ian, Very nice of your Children to do that for you both.
                  It certainly was Dave, i'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves, looking forward to some good food and a few pints

Comment

Had a great time, fantastic hotel, like stepping back in time to when quality and service ment something, food was terrific, bar prices were much cheaper than i thought they'd be, lovely room with a veranda, weather was just right,
                    only downside was haveing to come home i could get used to that lifestyle, drove Simons BMW there( think the guy would have had a fit if he'd had to park my truck amoungst the range rovers beemers etc,) there was a lovely red Farrari and a lime green seventy's Pontiac GTO in the garage,
                    think i loaded the right pic showing our room, (just above the wifes head)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by POPEYE; 19 April 2011, 07:59.

Comment

Glad you had a good time mate!
                      Know what you mean about stepping back in time!

Al
                      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Last time I stayed in Brighton (probably about 10 years ago) I had a room at one of the Hilton hotels there. Massively overpriced, rubbish food, rubbish service but at least the parking was free.

The Grand looked an entirely different kettle of fish! Glad you enjoyed the stay.

Comment

Glad you both had a good time mate.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            Glad you both had a good time mate.
                            cheers, it was a graeat weekend, saw a couple of stretch hummers pass by in the evening, wasn't you Gra was it?
                            i'd have thought the "Hilton" hotel's would have been good! but i guess it all depends on the management and the staff they employ, hotels like the grand do have a history of "excellence" to uphold though i suppose,
                            really cosmopolitan city tho brighton, seemed every conversation we heard was forign, we used to go there a lot, my wife liked to go to a fortune teller up by the sea-life center, (load of b0ll0ks but we had to go there,) always liked the "lanes" too, i've done a lot of work at the indian resturant in the marina which we visited after checking out, a weekend to remember for us,

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              Had a great time, fantastic hotel, like stepping back in time to when quality and service ment something, food was terrific, bar prices were much cheaper than i thought they'd be, lovely room with a veranda, weather was just right,
                              only downside was haveing to come home i could get used to that lifestyle, drove Simons BMW there( think the guy would have had a fit if he'd had to park my truck amoungst the range rovers beemers etc,) there was a lovely red Farrari and a lime green seventy's Pontiac GTO in the garage,
                              think i loaded the right pic showing our room, (just above the wifes head)
                              Nice to hear you had a good time Ian, always a shame to be back into the Rat race though. PS bits in post today.

Comment

Working...
                              X