No announcement yet.

Morning all....Yep....Another newbie!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all....Yep....Another newbie!!

There doesn't seem to have ever been a post in here by a newbie so i'll be the first. I just hope someone reads it. :O)

I'm Francis, based in Northamptonshire and looking for a Surf. Ideal machine is a 1996> 3.0L SSR-G with a 2" or 4" lift. I'm looking to buy right now and need a vehicle sorted out within the next 2 weeks so if anyone has one of these for sale please let me know.

If you have any advice about buying one it would be much appreciated, perhaps main things to look out for so i don't buy a lemon.

Why have i decided on a surf?....because i like Jap generally, Jap build quality and reliability, and i think the Surf is one of the best looking 4x4's out there.

P.S. I remap Subaru for a living so if you happen to drive one and need any tech help or advice please don't hesitate to ask.
    Now it's time to play!

Hi and welcome, the new user section will always be empty as you cant see the other posts if there are any in there, so would appear as if your first to post.

Check all electrics work, air con 4wd etc, if you go to see one see if theres someone local from here to take along with you.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Yoshie has a vehicle, that fits your requirements...not sure if it's got a lift though?
      Welcome BTW.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hello welcome - So if I need a cheap Scooby Intercooler...?
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi

Comment

Welcome Francis. There's loads of useful info on here. Use the search facility and you'll be better informed when you go Surf hunting.....Cheers....Mick.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

I have seen a few 1996 SSRG's that are making me salivate somewhat. I've wanted one of these for a good while now.

Prices are wide and varied, and all over the UK so i hope this forum has members all over. Some high mileage vehicles are asking top money, don't know why though when i've seen lower mileage examples for less money and in as good condition according to the photos. There are a few on eBay, just not sure if i want to go that route. Looked in Autotrader, again all much of a muchness, it's all very confusing!!

Puddlesurfer...lol...I don't sell the bits, although that is in the pipeline, i just map the ECU's for now. Discounted remaps for members....of course!!

GWH200...Perhaps you can point Yoshie in my direction.

I look forward to reading through the forum in due course as i don't think i'll be contributing for a while yet until i've learned something anyway.

Maybe there's a way to map these too ;O)

Francis

ETA: I've just spotted Yoshie's one for sale, that's not quite what i had in mind. It's got to be a 96+ and SSRG in Black, Blue over silver, silver or any other intersting colours, plus as low mileage as i can get. Pound notes waiting. Don't want much do i..lol..
              Last edited by ROMEROTECH; 13 April 2011, 16:59.
              Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
                ETA: I've just spotted Yoshie's one for sale, that's not quite what i had in mind. It's got to be a 96+ and SSRG in Black, Blue over silver, silver or any other intersting colours, plus as low mileage as i can get. Pound notes waiting. Don't want much do i..lol..
                If it was the maroon one you seen he`s got or had another Here

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                  If it was the maroon one you seen he`s got or had another Here
                  Thanks for pointing that one out. It looks tidy from the pic but there's no spec or anything else so hard to tell if it's an SSRX or G, mileage etc...

If he replies and it's still for sale hopefully he'll be forthcoming with some details. It would be good to buy a vehicle from a forum regular, at least then there's some history and it's known.
                  Now it's time to play!

Comment

so hard to tell if it's an SSRX or G,
                    Irrelevant really. They tend to be specced by the original buyer, so its not uncommon to find X's with similar spec to G's. Mileage, also largely irrelevant. I'd rather have a higher mileage one with correct servicing than a low mileage abused one.

If he replies and it's still for sale hopefully he'll be forthcoming with some details. It would be good to buy a vehicle from a forum regular, at least then there's some history and it's known.
                    Precisely!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I have to say the main details missing from a fair amount of these Surfs is paperwork or proper servicing, bills. previous MOT's etc...

I've not come across many with much of the above and those that did have decent paperwork/history were not what i wanted.

Looks like i may be hunting for a while.

I've posted on Yoshie's thread but no reply as yet. If anyone knows him well could they give him a nudge please.
                      Now it's time to play!

Comment

you missed my 1999 ssrx intercooled black over silver a month ago.I let it go cheap aswell to what it was worth.
                        You will be searching for a while to get the one you want though.
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

97 ssrg top spec

Hi romerotech i am possible selling my truck soon !!!!
                          MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

A black one would be perfect. That's my ideal colour. And if it comes with a 2" or 4" lift that would really be the icing.

As you say, i may be looking for a while, and there's me thinking i could finally retire my scooby to go playing. Ho hum!!
                            Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by JONNY TOYOTA View Post
                              Hi romerotech i am possible selling my truck soon !!!!
                              I'm all ears
                              Now it's time to play!

Comment

Working...
                              X