Yoshie and vince.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshie and vince.

Cheers for the coffee brian...that last bit was 3 hours dead...and hard work.

Vince...lexurf just did a 1034 KM run. It was loaded to the gunnels, I was hoofing it, all the way. It didn't get hot,use any water, or in anyway misbehave.
    It did quite well on fuel, considering my av speed and loading...18.9 mpg. Result considering the last 100 miles, were through mountains.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Glad you made it all the way bro, the lovely weather would have helped. Sorry I missed you, had family stuff to do. See you soon for ale though.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Ale...oh alright then.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'll be camping in Tyndrum soon so I'll give you a shout, put you up for the night (in a tent) and we can go get full of ale together.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

We will get tea for you Graham. Glad you made it safe and well mate.
          Good luck tomorrow, see you soon.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            Cheers for the coffee brian...that last bit was 3 hours dead...and hard work.

Vince...lexurf just did a 1034 KM run. It was loaded to the gunnels, I was hoofing it, all the way. It didn't get hot,use any water, or in anyway misbehave.
            It did quite well on fuel, considering my av speed and loading...18.9 mpg. Result considering the last 100 miles, were through mountains.

Splendid!

The extra capacity of the 3.0 diesel rad does help then.

Comment

It never went above 85 c. It is now wearing a winch bumper, and there's loads of airflow to the rad...bit of a gap!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Glad you made it safe and sound mate!
                Good luck with your first day.

speak soon

Al
                www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Al. Can't talk just now though, my fry up has just arrived. o
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    Cheers Al. Can't talk just now though, my fry up has just arrived. o
                    You get fry up's delivered .
                    Neal

Comment

hi graham sounds like a good outing! out of interest what tryes you got on and what lift do you have? just curious as i get about 12-14 mpg on LPG around town havent given it a good motorway run yet and have 32" mud tyres and 4" of lift.
                      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Hey mate. It's on 31's and just a 2"inch body lift.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

about the same mileage i got on a long run - 18.5 mpg driving from wales back to holland and thats on 33s.

dont think i was ever below 70-75mph so i was pleased. i guess driving like a woofter would get you a wee bit more but its not so much fun

great to see you arrived ok and already getting tore into the scottish health food

Comment

Nice one!

As I have been out of the loop for a bit... how long has the engine been in?

More things tempting me to part with my money

I remember being slightly anxious driving to the Nurburgring around and back on an engine that had barely done 1000 miles since I totally rebuilt it ('88 twin turbo supra)....

- to the point that I did the run in check and oil change once I got to the hotel in Bonn!

Always satisfying when you cover lots of trouble free miles in something that is not as it was intended from the factory Is it sad to say I miss that?
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

Maiden Run eh back to peace n tranquillity Gra, Nice one buddy ...

Jess
                              nearly 10 years of Surfs
                              "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X