With fish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With fish!

Think Tony wanted to see it with fish. No CO2 yet, but I've started assembling it

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Nice

How do the Angel fish get on?
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

Fine now they've worked out a pecking order. Smallest one seems to be 'alpha' male oddly enough!

Comment

That probably a good thing, if he was the biggest he'd make a mess of the others!!

A few years back I worked for Maidenhead Aquatics.. I had demo tank to do with as I please... so put all sorts of bits and bobs in cherry picked from the shop's stock. There were a pair of angel fish in there that hit it off and started spawning....

I t was off to watch, those two fish "owned" 3/4 of the tank, and took it in turns to keep the rest of their tank makes supressing to one corner.

I came in one day and found someone had sold them
        Last edited by Karma Supra; 8 April 2011, 23:06.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

If there's signs of a pair forming, I have a 3ft set up growing some baby Kribs on that I could transfer them to. They'll wreak havoc in a community. People forget they are cichlids after all!

Comment

Yup!! but they tend to have a little more charater for it!!

I have issues in my tank right now.. I recently added a MBU puffer and he keeps nipping the disk of the Motoro ray...

He doesn't seem aggresive like a cichlid, (I just had to give away a beautiful blue frontosa ) just..... hungry.. he goes around "tasting" things... unfortuantely he is most intregued by my pride and joy of the tank!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Hehe. A local fish place has a lovely Mbu about 10" long - I was tempted to reinstate my 800 litre in the garage!

Comment

Blimey, 800L How would you even move one of those

We struggled with mine through doors at what not and it's about 440l.

It was my final present to myself making the best of the staff discount before I left the trade
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

You need a small model Surf in there with air bubbles coming from its snorkel...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                    Blimey, 800L How would you even move one of those
                    :
                    This why its in the garage. I built the stand, put it in the garage, then bricked up the garage door and put a standard door in. (It was unusable as a garage anyway due to house extension)

The tank can now only come out in bits!

Comment

Apache, that looks fantastic! I know they look even more spectacular in the 'flesh'.

My son has a couple of reptiles and just had a very large vivarium made to order (for a Green Basilisk). I could sit and watch these things for hours. Very relaxing & fascinating.

Comment

Working...
                      X