X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost me £245 for the year, beginning of march

Comment

Originally posted by Esilvester View Post
      Ok you can't contact your local office as the only call-centre is Swansea.
      I called back.
      The advice now is to send in your V5 with an amendment in Section 7.
      In the first box "Body Type" enter "Estate"

I will be including a cover letter and evidence in the form of photographs of the interior and exterior.

I'll update here as to how that went....
      sounds like a good plan think i will do the same and see what happens,are you going to say that is was an error when registered and should never had been listed as anything else but an estate car.

Comment

I think even if you change the v5 TO Estate Car the Surfs will fail on the weight of the vehicle.....but as I said in another thread the chaps and chappesses at the TfL helpline cant actually fully explain all the criteria.

I have submitted a Official request for the full criteria......*sigh* hopefully at some point I will get a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlett View Post
          I think even if you change the v5 TO Estate Car the Surfs will fail on the weight of the vehicle.....but as I said in another thread the chaps and chappesses at the TfL helpline cant actually fully explain all the criteria.

I have submitted a Official request for the full criteria......*sigh* hopefully at some point I will get a reply.
          I live in the LEZ, my surf is an estate car on the V5 - If I put my Reg in to the LEZ checker it says not subject to LEZ - The Surf is no heavier than a RangeRover sport and they are not subJect to LEZ
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

information@tgb.toyota.co.uk
            To xxxxxxx@hotmail.comFrom: information@tgb.toyota.co.uk
            Sent: 12 April 2011 17:55:45
            To: xxxxxxx@hotmail.com

Dear Ms Gauntlett,

Thank you for your email to Toyota.

I can confirm that your Toyota Hilux Surf is indeed a light Utility vehicle and therefore you will need to make sure it meets the low emission zone requirements.

If you would like more information on the Toyota Hilux surf or any of our commercial vehicles please feel free to contact your local Toyota Centre.

Should you require the telephone number for your local Toyota Centre, you can either contact us directly on 0844 701 6200, or you can use the following direct link:

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyo...aler%20Locator

If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me using one of the methods shown below.

Yours sincerely,

Marcina Brown

Toyota Customer Advisor
            Phone: 0844 701 6200
            Fax: 0203 166 4115
            Email: information@tgb.toyota.co.uk

So Toyota have confirmed that the Surf is a light Utility vehicle! ###### Toyota

Grrrrrr...........

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
              I live in the LEZ, my surf is an estate car on the V5 - If I put my Reg in to the LEZ checker it says not subject to LEZ - The Surf is no heavier than a RangeRover sport and they are not subJect to LEZ
              I'll stick with this - unless TFL decide to change there minds

I wonder if the 4Runner is classed as Light Utillity?

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                one plus of owning a 4Runner, not subject to the LEZ

Log book:
                Body type: Estate
                Taxation class: Private/light goods veh

So being as the Surf is the same as the Runner anyones V5 not saying the same needs to contact the DVLA and get it changed.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                  I'll stick with this - unless TFL decide to change there minds

I wonder if the 4Runner is classed as Light Utillity?

I have just emailed Toyota GB asking exactly the same question.

DVLA told me that it was the manufacturer that specified the classification of the vehicle.

and TfL told me it was the classification that DVLA hold that was the difference.....

I am getting giddy from going round in cirlces..

Comment

Well my Truck and Koi's are both registered as estates and are not subject to LEZ (according to TFL website)

What is the chance that the person at Toyota who emailed you has never heard of a Hilux Surf as they were never a UK product and just read Hilux and assumed you meant the pickup (which are Light Utilties)

Comment

cheers Puddle

I will ask that too - it could well be the case. If I can get Toyota to change their classification then it should benefit all us surf owners

Comment

Good luck with that Gauntlett - where in London are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlett View Post
                          cheers Puddle

I will ask that too - it could well be the case. If I can get Toyota to change their classification then it should benefit all us surf owners
                          I wouldn't bother, I doubt Toyota has anything to do with the class on your log book, the importer tells the DVLA what the truck is, DVLA assumed they mean a Hilux pickup.

You need to prove to the DVLA its an SUV, not a pickup, I can't seen them being able to argue with pics.

Also there is a bit in those TFL links about individually excempting your truck if its proved to be classed wrong, this will probably save messing around with the DVLA.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

maybe we should get every surf/4 runner owner on here to send a copy of there v5 in showing all the different body types they list the same car under ie is it a light utility vehicle or an estate car or an suv etc etc( i am sure theres more) then this might point out just how f***ing useless they were and still are at doing their job at the dvla.
                            even wikipedia list the surf and 4 runner as the same car which is an suv
                            maybe they had all the different body types on stickers in a hat and just pulled one out as rolled off the ferry and stuck it to the windscreen
                            or if enough surf owners emailed watchdog then maybe they will do a bit on it so it will shame another goverment run cock up!

failing that guys lets go blockade the dvla offices

Comment

There is a DVLA office in Wimbledon......lets all go there.

I will put the kettle on!

Comment

Originally posted by davidy2980 View Post
                                maybe we should get every surf/4 runner owner on here to send a copy of there v5 in showing all the different body types they list the same car under ie is it a light utility vehicle or an estate car or an suv etc etc( i am sure theres more) then this might point out just how f***ing useless they were and still are at doing their job at the dvla.
                                even wikipedia list the surf and 4 runner as the same car which is an suv
                                maybe they had all the different body types on stickers in a hat and just pulled one out as rolled off the ferry and stuck it to the windscreen
                                or if enough surf owners emailed watchdog then maybe they will do a bit on it so it will shame another goverment run cock up!

failing that guys lets go blockade the dvla offices
                                What if it goes the other way and everyone else has to start paying the £100 a day LEZ charge?!

Comment

Working...
                                X