The search for rocking horse pooh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The search for rocking horse pooh

I have placed a post in the 'Parts wanted section' however I would just like to ask if anyone has a spare Driver's side rear door window guard or know of one for sale I would really like to purchase one. The insurance company garage may have used an inferior standard fixing tape when sticking the original back on, anyway said window guard will be lying at the side of the road somewhere in Yorkshire or smashed to smithereens on the A1

anyway if anyone can help it will be much appreciated as always

3rd Gen SSRX so not sure if a 2nd gen would fit
    Death rides a Black Horse

Is it one of these you're after? RT might be able to get you an individual one.

No joy on ebay.co.uk or .ie. You may have some luck on the US or Oz ebays.

Comment

John

bad news is that 2nd gen ones won't fit properly

good news is that there a re a couple of 3rd gens being broken in the parts for sale section and I've noticed a couple iof 3rd gen breakers on e-bay

good luck with your search -

As the repairer obvioulsy didn't put it on right what's the chance of going back to the repairers and getting them to replace it with a Toyota part (don't laugh)

hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Fey! View Post
        Is it one of these you're after? RT might be able to get you an individual one.

No joy on ebay.co.uk or .ie. You may have some luck on the US or Oz ebays.
        Unfortunately you have to buy the full set, however I rang RT and bought a set of front springs ! I even got a text this morning to say CPD will deliver to our unit between 11.30 and 12.30 !and I can even change my delivery day at the touch of a button !! How good is that ?

so I really need that bit of plastic otherwise I'm thinking take the other three off

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
          John

bad news is that 2nd gen ones won't fit properly

good news is that there a re a couple of 3rd gens being broken in the parts for sale section and I've noticed a couple iof 3rd gen breakers on e-bay

good luck with your search -

As the repairer obvioulsy didn't put it on right what's the chance of going back to the repairers and getting them to replace it with a Toyota part (don't laugh)

hawaii
          So that footnote was just to wind me up further eh ?

West Yorkshire Accident Repair centre do not like 'grey imports' however the nice man at Chaucer does and he refunded some of my excess to say sorry ! i hope you have your ear defenders ready, Vulcan going to be doing circuits over your place next week ! Did si ever get over to your place ?

Comment

john

saw the vulcan parked up last week - impressive bit of kit.

No Si didn't get over but I'm sure we can re-arrange.

The front springs from RT are excellent. I fitted the uprated standard length ones (orange) both front & rear a few weeks ago and what a difference, especially when towing the caravan.

Rear's are easy but getting the fronts on is a bit of a bugger as they are hard to compress and there's not a lot of room to get compressors in & out

cheers

hawaii

Comment

Hello Mr H,

It's going in for service next week and have a rear seal done again !!! (diff oil weeping onto wheel at back only discovered it when fitting Insa turbo AT's on) Have Blue roughtrax springs on the back so will have orange fitted on the front !

the plastic window guards are supported by two metal tabs that go behind the window rubber seal, do you know how they come off ?

Comment

John

I'll have a look this afternoon and see what I can find out or, as I'm not at work too late tonight, I can pop over and you can have a look.

Hawaii
                Last edited by Hawaii; 5 April 2011, 11:37. Reason: number deleted

Comment

Here you go...

Comment

john

no probs, see you tomorrow, anytime after 5:30 is fine with me

Al

Comment

And me springs have arrived !!! Nice one Roughtrax !

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                        Unfortunately you have to buy the full set, however I rang RT and bought a set of front springs ! I even got a text this morning to say CPD will deliver to our unit between 11.30 and 12.30 !and I can even change my delivery day at the touch of a button !! How good is that ?

so I really need that bit of plastic otherwise I'm thinking take the other three off
                        If you do I will have the passenger side rear one off you.
                        Brian

Comment

I will await the patented licensed 'Yoshie Bid'

Comment

Working...
                          X