2nd Gen Bull Bars On A 3rd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen Bull Bars On A 3rd Gen

Sorry, I know this is a bit of a recurring theme but I've recently seen these 3rd gen pictures. I know a few on here aren't great fans of bull bars, but I love 'em!

Is this wrap around bar specifically designed for a 3rd gen, or could it be a 2nd gen adapted to fit?

Or has anyone fitted a 2nd gen bullbar to a 3rd gen without the need to adapt it? I believe this question was asked a few weeks ago but I don't think anyone offered a definitive answer.

As always, thanks for any advice.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

The chassis rails are further apart on the 3rd gen, so adapter plates will be needed to fit a 2nd gen bullbar.
    The bars in your photo are from a 2nd gen, you can just see the adapter/extension pieces holding it on.

Comment

Cheers Vince, the search for the fabled JAOS bullbar begins!

Comment

Suddenly my 190 mile journey to get a wrongly advertised bullbar doesn`t look like such a waste of time.

Comment

Toyota actually suplied factroy wrap around bull bars for the tird gen... not sure how rare they are though.. I have them on mine
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            Cheers Vince, the search for the fabled JAOS bullbar begins!
            If you spot a Jaos bash plate or whatever name they give it could you let me know?
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
              Toyota actually suplied factroy wrap around bull bars for the tird gen... not sure how rare they are though.. I have them on mine
              Do you have any pictures please, or is it very similar to the 2nd gen bullbar?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              If you spot a Jaos bash plate or whatever name they give it could you let me know?
              I certainly will mate.

Comment

Pic attached.

It seems there were a few versions of the factroy bull bar for the third gen..

-Just the bottom bit (most common- Mine had this when I first got it)
                -Bottom bit with an extra hoop making it an A bar.
                -Bottom bit with two "lower" hoops that protect the lower bumper/indicators (very rare only seen one pic it looks a bit odd...)
                -What I have

I'd not want to rely on it for nudging any bulls though! You can't see it in the pic but it has "Toyota" inset in the top middle bit.

I don't have any better pics I'm afraid....
                Attached Files
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Cheers for the pics, I know which ones you mean now. I'll still be on the lookout for some nice 2nd gen JAOS bars, or something very similar.

There are some on Ebay at the moment but they do have some damage. I'm in no rush so I'll bide my time until the right ones show up ( I was patient enough to wait 18 months for some good, rear quarter, chrome bumpers from Stormforce!)

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                    Pic attached.
                    Nice truck.

Comment

Thanks!
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        Cheers for the pics, I know which ones you mean now. I'll still be on the lookout for some nice 2nd gen JAOS bars, or something very similar.

There are some on Ebay at the moment but they do have some damage. I'm in no rush so I'll bide my time until the right ones show up ( I was patient enough to wait 18 months for some good, rear quarter, chrome bumpers from Stormforce!)
                        Are these any good:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Landcru...item1e62a8fe8a
                        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                          Already spotted those mate, they're the ones with a little damage that I mentioned in post #9. Thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

Working...
                          X