Touring cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I've ridden a TZ350 and an OW31 round there, it's a nice, fast, scary, track. Almost as scary as Beveridge Park...
    They have kerbed the turns through duffis, makes for some very interesting racing at the min. I have a friend that runs in the ST series and apparently it caught loads out at the last practice
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Vince, sounds more like a cross between something utterly alien and a Rolls Royce Merlin!

Truly weird - even scary sounding. Far too technologically advanced to be GpB...

Now THIS is terrifying - watch the Quattro nose up near the beginning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quDX36WJM7k

Oooer - a little wee...
      That's just mental!
      A proper point and squirt car, and hope it goes where you point it!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        They have kerbed the turns through duffis, makes for some very interesting racing at the min. I have a friend that runs in the ST series and apparently it caught loads out at the last practice
        I've not been for years now. When I raced there it was all tarmac and grass, nothng else. The railway (round the back) is an awesome corner to do on a bike. Duffus dip was a leap of faith, it used to be totally blind (I think they flattened it a bit a while ago). When I was riding round there, Duffus was still racing and his dip was just "The Dip"...
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          The new season of the B.T.C.C. starts tomorrow, 11am ITV4 (Channel 120)

Proper car racing with proper cars, driven by proper drivers that are allowed overtake each other, not four wheeled computers with over paid ponces steering them and being told who's allowed to win!
          Totally agree. That is why I turned down the invitation by McLaren to race F1 for them and took up the law...

Comment

Love watching the BTCC still, but for me the new stuff isn't a patch on the old stuff. For me, the late 80's and early 90's had the best cars and charactors when it comes to drivers. You had the likes of Tim Harvey, Rob Gravett, Andy Rouse in the awesome RS500 Cosworths, you had John Cleland and Jeff Allam in the Cavaliers, and Frank Syntner, and the late Will Hoy and late David Leslie in the BMW's. For me that was the best Touring car action ever
            Track wise, I agree, Knockhill is awesome and can't remember how many times you see the cars on two wheels, and Brands Hatch and Donnington take some beating, but for me you cannot beat Thruxton - it's so bl00dy fast!

Cheers, Nick
            Last edited by Nick V; 3 April 2011, 04:00.
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Thruxton's just down the road from me - I used to be a BARC member and took the kids there many times. Great fun watching them try to out brake each other as they came up Woodham hill into the chicane - Paula Cook was battling Cleland one year and three laps on the trot she ended up straightlining the chicane ! One of my boys made a comment about women drivers ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

What a great day, 6hr of petrol head pleasure.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  What a great day, 6hr of petrol head pleasure.
                  Absolutely, I even watched the Gumball Rally in between the second and third races.

Comment

Next round starting now, channel 120.

Comment

Next round starting now, channel 120.
                      Thanks for the reminder, sky+ had forgotten it. went downstairs and hit the record button straight away.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I prefer GT3 and GT class Endurance racing Proper cars that are correct wheel drive... not silly rep mobiles with very few parts shared with the real cars...

I love the bodges they do to keep a car on track... the winner of the N24h had an entire front wing made of gaffa tape
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                          ... not silly rep mobiles with very few parts shared with the real cars...
                          You obviously haven't watched it recently then!

Comment

What a differance a couple of races can make.
                            Zero from two for Matt looking forwar to the reverse grid race.
                            Brian

Comment

You obviously haven't watched it recently then!
                              Nope!
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X