Sticky piston on caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky piston on caliper

Changed me pads yesterday and one of the 4 pistons (theres always 1) will not shift. Did drivers side in 10 mins, and the passenger took about 2hrs and just can't free it. Old pads out - completely shagged (there was my squeaking) but just can't get this one Piston back.

Anyone got any ideas? At the mo I've got 3 new pads n 1 shagged one in! Not really ideal
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Get a new caliper or get that one refurbed! I had the same problem just would not budge at all!!

Comment

I had this problem. I unbolted the calliper and took it off just enough to get a g clamp on it and push it back in. Think i put a socket in the piston for the g clamp to push against. I had some one help me to hold the calliper as i did not want to disconnect the brake line and have to mess about bleeding them. Was a little fidly but it worked.

Comment

Just had my calipers replaced, very little difference between the price of new ones and the price of having the old ones refurbished, when you add on the labour charge.

Comment

yep.. fully pee'd me off today. will not budge so i'm gonna get a new one on monday
          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I got Mine done for 65 I think each side, they replaced all seals pistons etc with a two year warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
              yep.. fully pee'd me off today. will not budge so i'm gonna get a new one on monday
              Unless the other caliper is in really good condition and has had the seals replaced, I would recommend you replace both if you are buying new. I always repair or replace brake components in pairs and never mix old and new.

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X