Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Pass the wooden spoon ...

Why not restrict adverts to paid up members ?

Because it wouldn't make as much money.
    Brian

Comment

@ OP,
      Strike me off your list if you want. My wheels should be on their way to to their new home tomorrow, so will happily pay the fee... in fact, I'll do it now...
      So thats one less for you to get annoyed about. Feel any better yet mate?

ETA

The money has been sent.
      John, you have sent £3.00 GBP to Nigel White.
      We sent a receipt to your email inbox. We also sent a notification to Nigel White at hiluxsurf1@sky.com.

So there!

As for the free loaders,
      Ban 'em.
      Last edited by Wolfracer; 1 April 2011, 21:36.
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        I certainly don't assume I'm being shafted, Tony. I don't mind paying my subs as I've had so much help from forum members over the years.

However, there are certain parties who are forever wanting information, who won't pay a penny into the forum. They do however post whenever they have spent money on something else! (That's a lot of evers, however!)
        There are freeloaders everywhere, don't let them bother you, you've gone above and beyond, who gives a stuff about anyone else.

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
        Why not have a members section to get people to pay up (me included )
        What for? it'll only end up being somewhere to bitch about others. (there is already somewhere for that.. )

Its just derisive, Can't see the point, there nothing to keep secret from the 'public'

Why deny non-paying members useful posts? We've always tried to rely on people good nature and getting good info and entertainment out of the site as a reason to support it, rather than bribing people into paying to get something.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          Okay, I'm starting to get pee'd off at the number of people who think it's okay to make others aware that they are thinking about selling something, then list a full item description and a price. Same goes for a how much is it worth question, look in the For Sale section or Ebay to get an idea.

Like the majority of members on here everything I've ever sold through this forum has been paid for in the For Sale section and I'm becoming disillusioned that others, who are blatantly advertising, are not have their posts removed by the moderators.

Give me moderator powers and I'll get rid of the bl00dy things!

Rant almost over, as I guess this is an 'open a can of worms' post.
          I've been thinking, just lately, about selling my soul. I really love it, but I have'nt been getting much use of it lately, so i think it's going to have to go. There's a bloke with cloven hooves says that he's interested in it and has offered me a lifetime of playing unsurpassed blues guitar. Does anyone on here think that this could be the best deal? If anyone is interested, I will be at the crossroads at midnight.....Cheers....Mick.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
            I've been thinking, just lately, about selling my soul. I really love it, but I have'nt been getting much use of it lately, so i think it's going to have to go. There's a bloke with cloven hooves says that he's interested in it and has offered me a lifetime of playing unsurpassed blues guitar. Does anyone on here think that this could be the best deal? If anyone is interested, I will be at the crossroads at midnight.....Cheers....Mick.
            It's not yours to sell ...
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
              I think it worked for Robert Johnson and did he pay his sellers fee?
              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Souls are subject to a extra surcharge, due to all the hassle with tuning violins and the bloke with horns...
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                  It's not yours to sell ...
                  Is it ours?

Our soul?

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                    Is it ours?

Our soul?

Who you callin an oursoul?.....

Comment

People saying "I'll pay the ad fee if my item sells" amuses me.

In fact, I think I'll tell that to my local newspaper the next time I pop something in there for sale. Oh yeah, I'll try it on with fleabay too! lol

Comment

I was wondering about selling my Surf apparently there is a shortage in Libya, the coalition jets keep blowing them up, I know they are not artillery resilient but any members on here from Afghanistan,Libya or other middle eastern states with political unrest You can have mine Oh and I will pay my fee if I sell it...honest
                        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

It's nearly always a non-paid-up member who generates the most 'fun' though. This place would be dead without them.

I say encourage the retards and chavs etc! Who cares if they dont pay? They're worth far more in entertainment value.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            It's nearly always a non-paid-up member who generates the most 'fun' though. This place would be dead without them.

I say encourage the retards and chavs etc! Who cares if they dont pay? They're worth far more in entertainment value.
                            Could'nt agree more Andy. Look at the fun thats been had recently....Cheers....Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Good point
                              And the turnover is great.
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                                People saying "I'll pay the ad fee if my item sells" amuses me.

In fact, I think I'll tell that to my local newspaper the next time I pop something in there for sale. Oh yeah, I'll try it on with fleabay too! lol
                                couple of points here,
                                1. I did say that, but I was writing a "joke" response thread as a pi$s take.
                                I am one of the decent ones and always pay my way.

2. Ebay is free to list on some items and all 99p items. So, yes, if it sells, you pay the fees. if not you relist it for, er.... FREE!

Can't see anything wrong with paying up if you sell. It doesn't "cost" anything to the Forum (directly) to host a post concerning selling an item does it?
                                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                                X