Yet another problem and not impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another problem and not impressed

Just got new mech so back window works and something else goes wrong starting to get a little annoyed with it now

basically when trying to pull away in drive its as if its in higher gear not all the time just occasionally my concern is when it does happen its taking longer to sort itself out

i have read about lazy relays that change the gearing down

but have noticed tonight there where i used to be able put in L and drive off it now feels like the "clutch" isnt biting and wouldnt pull up a curb put in 4wd and up it went

any ideas guys

cheers
    Last edited by BAV1; 31 March 2011, 21:59.

is the od light flashing on dash display when driving...????

Comment

Is the fluid at the correct level?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

not all the time it did today though my wifes got her fingers crossed as have i as this may be the last straw and make me get rid of my truck the first car i ever wanted to keep

cheers any ideas or info is greatly appreciated as we are dur to drive to portmadog tomoz
        Last edited by BAV1; 31 March 2011, 22:29.

Comment

gunn check levels tomoz i assume they are as only does it occasionally

Comment

mine had similar syptoms and as it happened the od light started flashing and also didnt seem to click into top gear,,

Comment

mine seemeed to be pulling away in 3rd as drop to low and it pulls off until today where even in low it wouldnt pull up the curb

what ened up being the cause

Comment

COME ON FORUM FAIRIES DO YOUR MAJIC dont let me down you never have so far lol

Comment

mine was a wet block connector on the gbox ,,just been laning through rivers and it started playing up so looked underneath to see it actually sparking,,, so pulled of all blocks lots of wd 40 in each then wax oil on em after fittting no probs since ,... hope yours is as easy ...

Comment

anybody know if this would give the problem of not being able to pull up the curb in low (no torque "limp mode")

thanks arron fingers crossed

Comment

Have you checked for error codes? If your truck is in 'limp mode', it's maybe not a gearbox issue.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

mine was very slow to pull away ,,,really had to wait for clear traffic ,,scary sometimes when you hoof it and it just crawls away lol

Comment

try dis-connecting the batteries for a hour or 2 to reset the ecu to see if that helps
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers guys im going to go a reseat on the connections underneath still not sure if this will help as it seem to have no torque when it does it as if the clutch is slipping

cheers

Comment

Have you checked the fluid level yet?

Wrong gears are normally ECU or solonoid problems, (which should show up doing the fault codes), slipping is normally run out of AFT (therefore your fault, not trucks... )

Is it slipping, or got no power, if its just lack of guts it might not be a gearbox thing.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X