Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Applying" for Olympic tickets?

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/howtoapply.html

Also, if you do not have a Visa card you cannot buy, I'm sorry "apply", for tickets. The website also states Visa for mechandise and food but I would have thought they would take cash?

Just annoys me how our Government ALLWAYS outsource jobs such as these to 3rd parties who then seem to rake in the money of us.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

What a con this is. You pay up for tickets, even though you might not get them.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

You only pay if you get them. It's the same system they used for the World Cup last year.

That's why it's "applying" at the moment. They're not actually for sale, you're just entering the ballot and will have to buy them if you're successful.

They're bound to take cash for food and stuff, just not any card other than Visa.

Comment

I've been to the 2012 shop in London and they'll take cash, so they will for merchandise and food, but to buy online, you need a Visa. I think you can buy Visa cards that work like gift vouchers, and those will work too.

but you're right, it's a pain in the arse they only take Visa (which is my debit card,) as my credit card is MC and I'd rather use that in case I am 'successful' in my applications more than I expect to be. It's amazing how ridiculously expensive the tickets are.

Comment

They have to stay faithful to their sponsors and Visa have to recoup their investment somehow.

For me, the whole thing is a total waste of my money. Given their track record, they couldn't even get a clock to work, I fear a national embarrassment. If they'd asked, I could have given them my old £2.99 digital watch (with a countdown timer) that they could have used.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieOakley View Post
            I've been to the 2012 shop in London and they'll take cash, so they will for merchandise and food, but to buy online, you need a Visa. I think you can buy Visa cards that work like gift vouchers, and those will work too.

but you're right, it's a pain in the arse they only take Visa (which is my debit card,) as my credit card is MC and I'd rather use that in case I am 'successful' in my applications more than I expect to be. It's amazing how ridiculously expensive the tickets are.
            I hope no one turns up.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X