rear diff ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear diff ratio

is the rear diff ratio in a petrol hilux the same as in a 3.0td surf and if not want surf diff will be the same or can i fit the diff from a hilux into a surf axle ?
    http://www.mudmuppet.com

Originally posted by lukenemma View Post
    is the rear diff ratio in a petrol hilux the same as in a 3.0td surf and if not want surf diff will be the same or can i fit the diff from a hilux into a surf axle ?
    No, a petrol one, I think so (so long as it's an 8" one).
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Dude, use some punctuation for f*ck sake!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
        Toyota has 4 differential types in pickups and 4Runners -- the 8" standard, the 7.5", the 8" V6/Turbo, and a new one in the Tacoma and third-generation (96+) 4Runners.

The most common is the 8" standard. It is used in the rear axle on '79-95 (96?) 4WD trucks and 4Runners, and 3/4 and 1 ton 2WD pickups, and it is also used in the front axle on 79-85 (solid beam) pickups and 4Runners.

The 8" V6/Turbo axle is found in some turbo and V6 models, and is a little beefier. It is a 4-pinion design, whereas the regular 8" is a 2-pinion design. Many V6's had 2-pinion cases too.

The 7.5" differential is used in the front of IFS trucks ('86 and later). It is also used as the rear differential on some 2WD trucks.

The above might not be 100% but it has or a version of been repeated on a few sites.

If you fit the diffs as matche pairs you will have no issues
        that the propblem, the idea is to fit a rear axle off a surf to a hilux pick so that it can be coil sprung not leaf and i'm trying to work out witch axle i need for this

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
          Weld spring perches on the pickup axle.
          Sounds like you need to do more research, if this part stumps you, you will have no chance of working out trailing arms and the like

the work seam's easy just dont want to put the surf axle on the the ratio be wrong and he want's to use the surf axle as it's a lsd thats why i was asking

Comment

that the propblem, the idea is to fit a rear axle off a surf to a hilux pick so that it can be coil sprung not leaf and i'm trying to work out witch axle i need for this
            Try Hogwarts
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Get a 3.0TD or V6, as mentioned these are the stronger 4-pin type..not sure about the 2.4's, maybe a late model one?

Comment

This may help.

Comment

Luke
                  What mods have you done to your steed so far?
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Dude, use some punctuation for f*ck sake!!
                    Maby he aint to good at wrighting english ...

Sorry are your perfect ?

Comment

Originally posted by teknik View Post
                      Maby he aint to good at wrighting english ...

Sorry are your perfect ?
                      Yes, he pretty much is. He's certainly better than you.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Init?
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Any Toyota 8" diff will fit the back axle your truck, only IFS 7.5" diffs will fit in the front.

There are different ratios in all trucks, you need to know what you have if you're going to mix and match from a pickup, or you need a IFS truck (97-01) or IFS 1st or 2nd Gen Surf to swap a pair of diffs.

Different ratios work better or worse with different tyre sizes
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            Yes, he pretty much is. He's certainly better than you.
                            Aww do u take him up to bummers point for a iccle picknick on ya mowtow bike !

Comment

Originally posted by teknik View Post
                              Aww do u take him up to bummers point for a iccle picknick on ya mowtow bike !
                              Oh no. It's another webbed fingered insulting bloke from Cornwall.
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X