2nd Gen Dog guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen Dog guards

Anyone have any experience of decent dog guards for a 2nd gen? Si Tate put up a link for an ebay one some time ago, but the link no longer works. The roughtrax ones look OK but are quite pricey, and ideally I need two.
    Any of the breakers have any knocking around?
    Many thanks,
    H

Pays to read the post doesn't it?

I was going to ask how you identify a 2nd gen dog. Tail lowers rather than lifts?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I`ve got one out of my second gen, Two bars that go from floor to roof with bars going across. Bit of a pain in the ass and useless if you`ve got dogs that`ll barge through it. 4 stone mastiff went through it like it wasn`t there and a jack russel will fit through the gaps. Yours if you want it, just pay the postage. Went for a cage myself, prevents the seatbelt s, those buttons on the back seat and anything else remotely chewy getting eaten

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Pays to read the post doesn't it?

I was going to ask how you identify a 2nd gen dog. Tail lowers rather than lifts?
        Oh dear me no. Field Marshal Sir Bernard Montgomery, 1st Viscount Montgomery of Alamein, a mere 2nd Gen dog? Oh no no.

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
          I`ve got one out of my second gen, Two bars that go from floor to roof with bars going across. Bit of a pain in the ass and useless if you`ve got dogs that`ll barge through it. 4 stone mastiff went through it like it wasn`t there and a jack russel will fit through the gaps. Yours if you want it, just pay the postage. Went for a cage myself, prevents the seatbelt s, those buttons on the back seat and anything else remotely chewy getting eaten
          Was it like this one (this is the Roughtrax one)?

Many thanks for the offer, but I think I am going to need something pretty sturdy - Monty is like a little teddy bear now, but he is growing fast and he will be massive before long. I thought about a cage, but the problem is fitting one that will be big enough for him in the back without having it specially made...

Comment

Thats well better, mine had no mesh it was just four bars going across, went for a version of This in the end. I had to assemble it in the back of the car or it wouldn`t fit in. was a tight fit from floor to roof with about a foot spare each side. It was big enough to fit a mastiff/staff cross and a pit/english bull in nicely

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
              Thats well better, mine had no mesh it was just four bars going across, went for a version of This in the end. I had to assemble it in the back of the car or it wouldn`t fit in. was a tight fit from floor to roof with about a foot spare each side. It was big enough to fit a mastiff/staff cross and a pit/english bull in nicely
              I have something similar in there at the moment thoguh a bit smaller by the sound of it. Rattles like buggery - annoys the crap out of me! Many thanks though, will have a look at the options...

Comment

I have a very solid dog guard, It's out of an ex police Merc ML of some description, 2" tube with weld mesh in fill and a couple of cross bars too. I had to cut a couple of inches off the bottom of it, but it fits a treat now. Bolts to the rear seat belt mountings. I now this isn't a huge amount of help, but I couldn't resist a gloat....
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                  Anyone have any experience of decent dog guards for a 2nd gen? Si Tate put up a link for an ebay one some time ago, but the link no longer works. The roughtrax ones look OK but are quite pricey, and ideally I need two.
                  Any of the breakers have any knocking around?
                  Many thanks,
                  H
                  Hello Henry. The gaurd that I got, to keep Thing 1 and Thing 2 in the back came from this place. www.ukdogguards.co.uk .(they also do a lot of different sizes of cage). The guards are pretty decent quality and Saunders even list Surf / 4Runner in their applications listing. Had to go for a cage in the end, though because the seat belts got chewed.......Hope this helps....Cheers....Mick.
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Google Barjo, they are local and made the ones in our truck, and the scooby.

More expensive than universal ones, but not rattly, and completely made to suit truck, We have one aganst the back seats, and one up agaisnt rear door, so you can lower the window without mutt escaping while driving or opening door.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X