Help with Surf purchase please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Surf purchase please.

Hello all, I'm currently looking at buying another 4x4 to replace my old 110 Landrover. I like the look of the Toyota Surf and I'm going to look at one at a dealers tomorrow. (Import).

Could you guys (and gals?) give me some pointers as what to look out for please.

surfs rule

most insurance co. won't touch imports without a cat 1 immobiliser so some sellers are fitting them before they sell them on u can get one fitted afterwards but it'll set you back £300 if you want to save yourself some cash look out for one with.
    Make sure it has been fitted with a foglight as they don't come over with one.
    and check speedo is converted.

Surfs are bomb proof tho so they're all great value for money.

Comment

There are a number of threads on here about insurance. Most mainstream insurers wont tough grey imports. Try Tesco; they're quite competitive.

Is it a 3.0L or 2.4L? Auto or manual? If it's a 2.4, make sure the head is good as they can crack (not all but lots on here about it) and it's loadsa money to put right. 3.0L has more power and less engine problems. MPG about the same for both (presume you're looking at a diesel) at between 22-25mpg. There's loads of them about now, especially around the South Coast area.
      Mike G

Comment

Get the timing belt replaced and ask them to underseal it
        [COLOR=Red][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]MMMMMmmmmm 4x4[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
        X