Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    but you'd better not get 1p knocked off the price of a litre if it means 2p on a pint with the beer festival season approaching!!
    That's why I'd vote for zero rated duty on small brewery's beers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
      That's why I'd vote for zero rated duty on small brewery's beers!
      Hence you'd get my vote.

That did #### me off that in an attempt to tax tramp juice (which isn't anything to do with antisocial drinking in comparison to Wife Beater) they are going to hit a lot the interesting micro brew and euro beers that are above 7.5%(particularly after I've discovered a nearby pub that has Delirium Tremens on tap at a happily relaxing 8.5%)

Comment

Fuel prices... Yawn...

It's going to run out one day - probably in my son's lifetime. Things becoming scarce become expensive. Fact of life.
        They said that it was going to run out when I was a nipper. It still seams to be there.

Anyone who cant afford to run a Surf has the option of buying something cheaper to run
        Alot of people are not in the position to be able to afford to buy something cheaper to run, because that requires money. It's true you need money to save money.

walking a bit more
        Call to work, I'm going to be a little later to day, I'm walking to save fuel, I'll be in in about two hours time. Don't worry I'll have pleanty of energy to complete a 12 hour shift before the two hour walk home. That will leave me plenty of time to sleep, before doing it all again.

There are ALOT of people out there who are not fortunate to be in a position to change without an investment of money, which alot of people don't have.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Picked an economical car at random. First one came up on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-PEUGEOT-2...#ht_1199wt_950

Less than the price of a 2.4. Much more economical. Newer. Probably more reliable than a 2.4.

Not after an argument, but to suggest that people cant afford to change from a Surf to an economical car is patently untrue.

If you want economy, you can have it, cheaper than a Surf. If you want the Surf, stop bleating about the cost. They're comparatively expensive to run! Always have been, even before fuel prices got silly.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You are all right...and you are all wrong..so bollix. And Rustinho...or the person purporting to be Rusthino...who are you, and what the feck have you done with the usual lunatic...you're much to sensible to be the real one...
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If people stopped living above their means there wouldn't be any moaning.

p.s. If you have recently become unemployed or made redundant through no fault of your own, then you are exempt from the above opinion.

I think I got away with that one.

Comment

Diesel goes up, delivering stuff goes up so inevitably prices go up,that includes beer, i find it hard to believe that anyone on this forum has got so much money that they dont give a rat`s ass about the price of stuff in general so i can only assume they are winding you up either that or they`ve come to the same conclusion i have. That is,
                Things have always gone up and they always will do, even if they seem to have come down its just a cover for something else going up or for someone to try and keep hold of their position in government so they can put it all back up again
                Protesting is a waste of time, everyone is too lame in this country or too self obsessed to go to the length `s needed to make a difference and even if they managed to get it together something else would go up to cover the tax loss tho i must say i enjoyed the last blockade, kept all the knob`s off the roads
                Think if you take into account the wage rises over the years it isn`t as bad as it seems. 1977 i was an apprentice spark earning £20 ish a week, 70p a gallon, now i`m earning just over £300. work it out. only difference is then i paid my ma £6 a week to keep me now i look after myself and i`ve got alot more stuff but thats my choice. it sucks granted but thats life, there`s a lot more people in this world in a worse state
                Personally i`d go for scrapping the welfare state, not that i think it would make a difference in prices i`m just sick of paying for other people`s lives
                end of rant, just got to check my spelling in case Albannach gets on the case
                Last edited by schrodingers-cat; 24 March 2011, 12:59. Reason: oops

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                  Personally i`d go for scrapping the welfare state,
                  As would I - *for people who do not genuinely need help*

1) those who choose not to work
                  2) those who pretend to be disabled

The system is there for those who *cannot* work but want to work, and those who are *genuinely* disabled and *unable* to work.

I'd also scrap family allowance. Yes I have kids, that was MY choice. I don't expect you to pay for my choices, nor should others expect me to pay for theirs.

BUT - we've been here before. It's old ground. Lets move on

Comment

My Surf is my little luxury, I don't smoke or gamble, I do enjoy a drink but not a large amount. I use the Surf to go out and about at the weekend, a pasttime that I enjoy very much. I'm lucky enough to own another, more economical, vehicle which I use for work, £40 worth of diesel normally lasts 4 weeks.

When the time comes that I can't afford to run the Surf then I'll have to sell it, until then I aim to enjoy every minute. (Oh and I stocked up with 89p a litre veggie oil from Netto last Sunday!)
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I liked the new budget the government just gave me a £2.42 a day nuclear pay.

Comment

Picked an economical car at random. First one came up on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-PEUGEOT-2...#ht_1199wt_950

Less than the price of a 2.4. Much more economical. Newer. Probably more reliable than a 2.4.

Not after an argument, but to suggest that people cant afford to change from a Surf to an economical car is patently untrue.

If you want economy, you can have it, cheaper than a Surf. If you want the Surf, stop bleating about the cost. They're comparatively expensive to run! Always have been, even before fuel prices got silly.
                        Andy, that a lame argument, if a small car was useful to me I'd get one.

(in fact we have, a Transit Connect) but thats not the point.

The point is people are being forced out of something they want and often need, you're happy to live with that? or go down fighting, especially when there isn't a good reason to do it and is just a way of taking money off people.

If you want me out of my car, give me a alternative thats better and cheaper, not just make it impossible to use a car and F**K you for living your life....

You're the first to moan about the tax on beer to cover it, I don't drink much or smoke, but you WILL NOT EVER find me suggesting taxing something else that dosn't effect me.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          Andy, that a lame argument, if a small car was useful to me I'd get one.
                          Not really Tony. I wouldn't mind betting that for a large amount of the people here, a small car would be just as 'useful' for 99% of the time - me included. We might not like it, but its probably a fact.

'Want' isn't the same as 'need'

Comment

Really? I'm assuming everyone has a 4x4 because they need one? Otherwise what the point?

I 'need' one for my chosen lifestyle, work and leisure. Me not being able to pursure either is really ####ing me off.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                              Really? I'm assuming everyone has a 4x4 because they need one? Otherwise what the point?

I 'need' one for my chosen lifestyle, work and leisure. Me not being able to pursure either is really ####ing me off.
                              I guess it depends on how you define 'need'. I dont 'need' to go greenlaning. If I used it for work (as yourself) then thats a 'need'.

My needs aren't the same as someone who 'needs' a heart transplant for instance.

However, the sun's shining and I need a beer - though the missus doesn't define need in the same way in this instance.

By the way, I'm not saying the price of fuel is nice - its not something I enjoy either, but given that barrel prices are rising, what would you all suggest?

Comment

By the way, I'm not saying the price of fuel is nice - its not something I enjoy either, but given that barrel prices are rising, what would you all suggest?
                                Nothing, but barrel prices have nothing to do with tax on fuel. We are getting screwed by the Govnt AND the petrol companys.

I KNOW we can do little about it, but to just bend over and let let them shaft you without any protest is rubbish.

You would like it if someone knocked on the door and said "Sorry Andy, we've decided beer and currys are bad for you, we're going to make them just too expensive for you to afford, hope you enjoyed them in the past"

Oil prices have been going up and down, fuel prices in europe have been going up and down, have ours? seems to me it just keeps going up and up.

Comment

Working...
                                X