A.D.D mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.D.D mod

I just followed Bushwackers ADD mod to the letter, was tricky as hell as the slam plate wouldn't come off, so had to undo 3 of the 4 bolts and bend it back, only to find a rad! Tried to unbolt that, sheeted all bolts, oops! But managed to pull that out of te way too. Followed all instructions, all was going really well, put it back together as explained, filled the diff back up with fresh oil, but now, my 4wd light is on permanently and as far as I can tell, 4wd isn't working.

Any body have any ideas? I'm stumped!

Raise the front wheels off the ground, ignition on, 4WD button out (off) and spin one of the wheels by hand. Check that the other wheel is turning as you do this and that the light goes out.

The green 4WD light indicates transfercase engagement, so if it's on then the the front propshaft is locked to the transfercase which means 4WD is activated.

Comment

Ok, everything is definately here it is meant to be, the collar is moved to the right place, the arm thing in the actuator is in the right place, but, when I turn a wheel, it doesn't turn the other side.

Comment

Sounds like the sliding collar has moved too far across and the actuator fork is sitting next to it and not in the groove.

Comment

I will have a look tomorrow, I'm gashed up to buggery, so I'm giving up for tonight! What is the rad under the bash plate for?

Comment

AC, I reckon. H

Comment

Originally posted by fingers21 View Post
              but, when I turn a wheel, it doesn't turn the other side.
              Are you holding the front prop?

If its in 2wd the prop will spin sometimes instead of the other wheel.

Try it in again with it in 4wd, that'll lock up the front prop.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I tried spinning one wheel, looking at the other, which didn't spin, didn't pay any attention to the front prop. I then stick it in 4L and tried to move the front prop, but it was in park, so wouldn't turn at all, that's when I gave up!

Comment

Working...
                X