Cruise Control Retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control Retrofit

I've been looking at getting cruise control fitted to the Hilux, but I've had problems finding a kit or a company who fit cruise.

Over the weekend I finally found this kit on fleabay. It's in Australia.

My question is can it be fitted to a Surf? Mine is currently a 1998 KZN185.

Has anyone on here already fitted aftermarket cruise, and if so how did it go?

Thanks.

D.

I'm also looking for info on adding aftermarket cruise control to a KZN185, I'd love some engine bay pics from someone who has it installed.
    '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

I have cruise control on my BMW and I never use it. I don't do a lot of motorway driving and when I do it never crosses my mind to turn the cruise control on!
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Me too. Never used the cruise control on the Surf, I'd rather be active in my driving.

3rd gen owners like it, it gives them more attention to focus on doing their hair in the rear view mirror (which if you need, Albannach has a plethora of)

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          I have cruise control on my BMW and I never use it. I don't do a lot of motorway driving and when I do it never crosses my mind to turn the cruise control on!
          Originally posted by biosurf View Post
          Me too. Never used the cruise control on the Surf, I'd rather be active in my driving.

3rd gen owners like it, it gives them more attention to focus on doing their hair in the rear view mirror (which if you need, Albannach has a plethora of)
          I guess where you live makes a bit of a difference as well. I can drive further without seeing a hill or a curve in the road that you can drive without going into the ocean, so cruise control is always a nice thing to have around here.

Comment

Eats even more fuel... its hard on or off... if your cruising big miles on empty roads yes.. but here..I never use it on Surf or BMW

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I use it constantly in the BMW, especially on good roads with a 30mph limit; I prefer to watch the road than watch the speedo.

As for it drinking more fuel, I've never seen a noticable difference in economy using cruise in any of the cars I've driven with it.

Comment

Can it be economically fitted?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I also would like a cruise control on my surf, having used one consistantly on the soarer for long journeys it controls the speed and the petrol consumption very well, more so than a human foot, set at 70mph it will (according to the on board computer) give between 10 - 12 kms per ltr (6.2 - 7.45 miles per ltr)

Comment

I have an after market cruise control, and my advice is to save your money. It doesn't merge well with the auto box. You are much better off using your right foot.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I thought you mean a retro fit Tomahawk Cruise
                      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

For anyone who thinks cruise control isn't worthwhile, pull it out and sell it to me?

Comment

Cruise' control is hopeless...

Comment

I got a quote this morning from a company in Dublin of €550 + VAT (not sure if that's 13.5% or 21%) fitted.

They need to know if it's a cable or electronic throttle, but I have no idea. Can anyone here please tell me?

The only decision for me is whether or not it's worth that kind of money to get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Fey! View Post
                              I got a quote this morning from a company in Dublin of €550 + VAT (not sure if that's 13.5% or 21%) fitted.

They need to know if it's a cable or electronic throttle, but I have no idea. Can anyone here please tell me?

The only decision for me is whether or not it's worth that kind of money to get the job done.
                              Cable throttle.

Comment

Working...
                              X