X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay tyres - dispute?

Hi all,

As some of you know I bought some tyres of ebay

I collected them this morning and am very pleased with 4 of them (nearly new maxxis mudders) the 5th (spare) tyre is worn as described but it does have a pretty cracked sidewall and has a large split in it (not as described)
    I wouldn't be particularly happy about putting it on the truck as i'm pretty sure the braiding is gone.

I didn't notice the split until geting them out of the truck after collecting them (about 250 mile round trip) The split is dirty and has obviously been there for a while.

Should I open a dispute/complain to vendor? I've never had to before so don't know the procedure.

Original ebay description:

Hi you are bidding on a set of weller wheels with 4x like new 33/12.5/15 maxxis mudders only coved about 60 miles on road

also 1 x 33/12.5/15 on a weller style rim with 10mm tread on i used this as a spare

so 5 in total no rips or damage to any of the tyres all like new you are welcome to view or call
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Complain to vendor immediately and ask him for a partial refund as the tyre is not as described and not fit for purpose

If he refuses then raise a dispute BUT remember you only have a limited time to do it !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Will do Bob - I only collected them today so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to raise a dispute!

EDIT: message sent to vendor:

I've just got home from your house and unloaded the wheels and am a little unhappy to find that the spare (campaiger) is badly perished on the inside and has a 2" split in the sidewall (with rusty braiding showing through) I'm really pleased with the other tyres but that one wll not be going on my truck, even as a spare as it is unfit for purpose.

Also the wheels are definately not 15 x 9's although it's dificult to measure them whilst the tyres are fitted - I think they are 15 x 8's possibly 15 x 8.5's

I don't want to open a dispute with you but I think we need to discuss a partial refund.
      Last edited by puddlesurfer; 20 March 2011, 18:04.

Comment

Be a good idea to take a pic & send that to them too. Just as a bit of proof. maybe they didn't notice it. You never know. This at least should help back up your claim.

I've only ever had to do it with minor goods I bought. Providing their a decent seller then it should be pretty quick & simple.

Good luck with it mate...
        It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
          Be a good idea to take a pic & send that to them too. Just as a bit of proof. maybe they didn't notice it. You never know. This at least should help back up your claim.
          I think they must have noticed, the dirt was rubbed of in that area a bit probably by some one having a look and rubbing a thumb over it!

Comment

How can you prove it's his tyre?

Accept the partial refund if he gives it (I, personally, wouldn't give you anything); otherwise take it on the chin and don't make a similar mistake again...
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              How can you prove it's his tyre?

Accept the partial refund if he gives it (I, personally, wouldn't give you anything); otherwise take it on the chin and don't make a similar mistake again...
              Except for the photo on ebay I can't, but the wheels aren't 15x9's so I will kick up a fuss about that if he won't give me a partial refund over the tyre.

I'm just a little annoyed that I bought something and it's not as described - If it didn't have that split in (and it is perished) it would be fine as a spare.

Comment

You should have spotted any issues when you went to pick them up; you had as much time as you liked to check them over before you took them away. As far as the seller is concerned, you may be 'at it'.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Alas, I think I'm with Albannach on this one.

By all means have a word with the seller and see if you can get a partial refund (assuming the rim is ok I would say probably 10% would be pretty fair from your point of view - simply by dividing 5 tyres and 5 rims as being 10 items, thus about 10% each).

Apart from that I reckon it's very much a case of caveat emptor I'm afraid. You should've inspected the wheels a bit more carefully when you collected them - that would've been the time & place to sort out any problems.

Also, the rim size should be stamped on the wheel somewhere I reckon for you to confirm their size.

Good luck with your discussions with the seller. Your message to them seemed pretty spot on for what you're after.

Have you got a link to the original eBay listing? Might be worth some of us casting an eye over it to see if there is anything obvious that might help/hinder you!

Comment

EBAY AD:

sj fourtrack 33"12.5 15 on weller 9j rims vitara x5

Hi you are bidding on a set of weller wheels with 4x like new 33/12.5/15 maxxis mudders only coved about 60 miles on road

also 1 x 33/12.5/15 on a weller style rim with 10mm tread on i used this as a spare

so 5 in total no rips or damage to any of the tyres all like new you are welcome to view or call

I AGREE I SHOULD HAVE NOTICED AT TIME OF COLLECTION

Comment

I think you need to take a spare paddle next time you visit sh*t creek. Albannach is spot on the money here, you should have inspected them properly when you went to collect them. The seller was a bit naughty with his description but I don't think I'd refund you anything, given that you had the opportunity to check the tyres over at your leisure.
                      En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

I've decided to leave it, I won't bother to start a dispute - I'll just man up and buy another Maxxis Mudder as a spare - I dont think the guy is pulling a fast one he seemed genuinely surprised - It just means I've paid about the right money for the tyres instead of getting a bargain - You live and learn!

Comment

Good way to look at it- as you know, i had 'issues' as well. Don't sweat the small stuff lee, its not worth it. You could always sell it on again....
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                          X