LA Supertrux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Supertrux

I've emailed them this morning to ask about booking my truck in, and letting them do a sweet suspension lift and set up for me. Its needing shocks now I think and it just feels a bit sloppy, want to get it back to being ace!
    I can't actually believe how many people I get staring at it in the street when it's clean, mainly the tyres, but I love it! They're probably looking and thinking "talk about polishing a turd"!

So has anyone had any work done with them or know anything?
    I know they have a good reputation.. M

Time to chuck more money at her!! ;-)
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Oh dear, can anyone else hear that can being opened?

Comment

Hold off on this thread for about 2hrs please.

I will be home then and have access to beer and a soft seat.
      Brian

Comment

Let's just say I would also drop a line to these two:

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/
        http://www.outrageousoffroad.co.uk/

Comment

I'm off out for curry and beer at 7 - wish I had one of those smartphone things so I could ignore my mates and keep up with this thread...
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
            I've emailed them this morning to ask about booking my truck in, and letting them do a sweet suspension lift and set up for me. Its needing shocks now I think and it just feels a bit sloppy, want to get it back to being ace!
            I can't actually believe how many people I get staring at it in the street when it's clean, mainly the tyres, but I love it! They're probably looking and thinking "talk about polishing a turd"!

I don't want to run the place down BUT:

I've heard on different forums that their work is questionable and their prices are high.

So, go knock yourself out.

A decent lift is not hard to do yourself or by a friend with some mechanical knowledge.
            All the answers are on here somewhere.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

There's a HUGE amount of disinformation available on the internet and you will almost undoubtedly be able to find complaints about any sizeable firm's work ...

I would advise you to post a clear, coherent description of the work you want doing OR the capability you want to achieve and then wait for input from the experienced members of the forum - these include people that do it for income and those that do it cos they have the skills and experience.

Just remember that throwing money at a problem isn't necessarily the way to get results - if you want proof send me £5k and I'll produce the most unbelievable truck you've ever seen (It won't be safe or roadworthy in any way !)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I would advise you to post a clear, coherent description of the work you want doing
                Originally posted by lukenemma View Post
                want me truck blinging and wicked big m8 my frein lifts for nuts yeah you be rite good with sum

Gotcha Bob.

Comment

Bugger - I didn't realise that the work request had already been posted elsewhere !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post
                    Bugger - I didn't realise that the work request had already been posted elsewhere !
                    I searched "wicked m8" to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post

Don't waste your money, dude! Suspension lift is dead easy to do - easier than a bodylift in my opinion (not that I've done the bodylift yet but I'm just a bit worried about biting off more than I can chew with it!)

Once you've installed the longer springs/shocks/etc you could always take it to any garage that does laser wheel alignment or something if you've got spare cash and want it fine tuning.

Even if you've not done it before it shouldn't take you more than half a day to sort out a suspension lift as long as you have the right equipment to do it with.

Just as a price comparison - I'm pretty certain that LA Supertrux used to sell a 2" body lift kit on fleabay for about £300+. Xpajun do one that should be just as good for a smidge over £60.

Comment

I thought they recently closed that side of the business and Nigel was only concentrating on the bigfoot side of things!!!

Where's Surfenstien when you need him!!!

Al
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

As I understand it (And as their website implies) the online shop is closed but the rest is still in business

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            I'm off out for curry and beer at 7 - wish I had one of those smartphone things so I could ignore my mates and keep up with this thread...
                            Your not feckin welcome.
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              Your not feckin welcome.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X