yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing Front Brake Pads, Can anyone advise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Front Brake Pads, Can anyone advise?

Hi guys, I am in the process of changing the front pads. I've done a search & nothing I can find to help me.

I'm on the drivers side & the outside pad has gone in, no probs. The inside pad however seems stuck about 5mm out & won't budge either way. Have I missed something? Has anyone else had this prob & is there something else I should have done?? I followed Tony's instructions, but we didn't have the pads when he showed me how to do it.....
    It's only kinky the first time...

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
    Hi guys, I am in the process of changing the front pads. I've done a search & nothing I can find to help me.

I'm on the drivers side & the outside pad has gone in, no probs. The inside pad however seems stuck about 5mm out & won't budge either way. Have I missed something? Has anyone else had this prob & is there something else I should have done?? I followed Tony's instructions, but we didn't have the pads when he showed me how to do it.....
    It needs to come out straight - if it's on an angle it will jam, tap it back in gently and pull it out straight
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

You wern't paying attention were you.....

They should just wriggle out, have you pushed the caliper pistions back in first?
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

S'ok, panic over! It came out easy enough now. Muppett here made the stupid assumption they came in matched pairs, when they actually come in manufactured pairs!! Doh!! Walking away for 5mins before breaking something helps. Too busy concentrating trying to make sure I did it how Tony showed me & forget to double check what I was actually putting in!

Dozy Dorris signing off & hanging head in shame.....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          You wern't paying attention were you.....

They should just wriggle out, have you pushed the caliper pistions back in first?
          I was! Honest....

Comment

Working...
          X